Thread: log viewer/ZA_SecSuite > Can I save the log-viewer report? or copy?

ddin Guest

Default log viewer/ZA_SecSuite > Can I save the log-viewer report? or copy?

Hi,
    Using ZA_Security Suite 6.5.737, I'm looking at the log-viewer/ program alert type
    Can I save the log as it shows at this point-in-time?
    Also, is this log available to read an a text-file or csv file using the windows-explorer? (XP_sp2_homeEdition)
    Can I just copy a piece of info on that log to the clipboard? like the IP shown on one log-line?

Thanks!
    dd

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.5

billc Guest

Default Re: log viewer/ZA_SecSuite > Can I save the log-viewer report? or copy?

I think you can do what you want by going to your Alerts and Logs panel, click on the 'Advanced' button, then the 'Log Control' tab. You can save or find logs previously saved there. Unfortunately you can not copy & past from the Log Viewer.

ddin Guest

Yes, I have found the ZA logs, as you guided, in C:\WINDOWS\Internet Logs. Thanks!

However, on these text-logs, some fields that are shown on the log-viewer are missing, like the "program", "destination DSN", "source DSN".
    Could I configure ZA to add these? The data must be on my computer somewhere for the log-viewer...

billc Guest

You know I think you might find a nice little piece of freeware helpful in reviewing your Zone Alarm logs. Have a look at ZoneLog Analyser and see if that will do what you'd like with your Zone Alarm logs.

Thread Information