Thread: "System Error - Please Reboot" Error Message?

kitrax Guest

Default "System Error - Please Reboot" Error Message?

Hi, soon after the last ZA update, the program started crashing. I noticed that when I left my laptop running for long periods of time (around 12 hours stright), the typical ZA taskbar icon would turn in to a red and yellow (X). when I opened the program, there was anerror message at the top (near the open programs area) that said:
    SYSTEM ERROR: Please reboot.
    Now, for most people, a restart is just a pain in the butt. But for me, a restard in the middle of work is a serious problem, and I can't just restart my computer whenever jolly ol' ZA decides to crash. It doesn't tell me what kind of system error...just that I have to restart my computer.
    Going in to Windows Task Manager and manuallay ending the zlclient.exe process, along with giving explorer.exe a restart, doesn't fix the problem either.
    Any help on this would be appreciated.
    My ZA info is:ZoneAlarm version:6.5.737.000
    TrueVector version:6.5.737.000
    Driver version:6.5.737.000
    Thanks,~Kitrax

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)
    Software Version:6.5

billc Guest

Default Re: "System Error - Please Reboot" Error Message?

I bet your firewall got corrupt during the upgrade. Do a 'clean' uninstall followed by a fresh download and install of Zone Alarm Free. Go into the start menu locate the zonelabs entry and right click on the uninstaller and select properties. Now in the target box you must add a space and then /clean to the end so that it looks something like this "C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zauninst.exe" /clean click apply and then OK. Next open ZA and turn off the load on boot option, then reboot and then run the uninstaller.This should get rid of all of ZoneAlarm. Now go to your windows temp folder and delete everything. Find the folder named Internet logs and delete it then empty your recycle bin.

kitrax Guest

Hey, thanks for the reply Bill.
    Unfortunatly, after following your instructions to the letter, I still have the same problem. This time around, it only took about 5 and a half hours for ZA to have the error.
    Any other suggestions?
    Thanks,Kitrax

Try lowering the program control to medium. Let us know if it still has the same problem, or if it changes.
    My homes are SpywareHammer.com and DonHoover.net and BleepingComputer.com

Consumer Security - 2011 & 2012

Tilting at windmills hurts you more than the windmills.
    -From the Notebooks of Lazarus Long
    Senior of the Howard Families

kitrax Guest

The 'Program Control' slider is set to medium. However, both my firewall sliders are set to high.

Put the trusted zone slider on medium. That is the best way to set it. If you want it on high, then you have to go thru and allow all the traffic from your computer, to your computer. Back a while ago I tried this just so that I could see if it could be done. For 2 weeks I tried, and I was still finding stuff that was getting blocked.
    My homes are SpywareHammer.com and DonHoover.net and BleepingComputer.com

Consumer Security - 2011 & 2012

Tilting at windmills hurts you more than the windmills.
    -From the Notebooks of Lazarus Long
    Senior of the Howard Families

Thread Information