Thread: Connectivity From Local Zone

sakamen Guest

Default Connectivity From Local Zone

I am trying to use a the creative wireless sound blaster system to listen to music on my dell computer using windows xp. I can get the signal from the computer to my hardware and I am allowed to request specific tunes, When I try to play the music no sound is forthcoming. In looking through the timed alerts in Zone Alarm, I have found the following message: Symantec Event Manager Server was blocked from accepting a connection from the local zone 192.168.2.4Port51271. I have added 192.168.2.4 to my trusted IPs, but this doesn't helpCan you offer a suggestion?

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:7.0

britneyluvr Guest

Default Re: Connectivity From Local Zone

If it was blocked from ACCEPTING a connection from Trusted Zone, then it needs Server rights to Trusted Zone in the Program listing.

sakamen Guest

How do you set up server rights to the trusted zone. My computer is stand - alone and I have server rights for the computer. I'm not sure what server right for the trusted zone means.

britneyluvr Guest

Hi, Just open up ZA to Programs -> Program listing. Look for the program in the list. When you find it, under the column Server - Trusted, click and select Allow. Then restart the program.

Thread Information