Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alert: Error in true vector service.

birdseed Guest

Default Alert: Error in true vector service.

Hello. I have looked up here everything about alerts. But failed to find/understand.
    Question: Is my Protection gone after receiving this alert? What causes these alerts (have this already had several times) and what to do to avoid these for the future? I am not an pc expert. Please help. Rgds.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)
    Software Version:

Default Re: Alert: Error in true vector service.

Hi

What are the alerts concerning? ie services.exe or such.
    Also what has been done with the allow and remeber for the Alerts.

Just list what process was mentioned in the Alerts.

Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

birdseed Guest

Hi Oldsod! I looked up in the eventlogging what happened.(That was one of the suggestions related to an other problem by someone posted in this forumpart). I see a lot of messages 'PDEngine' and a few 'PDSched'. And now i remembered these remarks from the alerts. I come back with the requested details as soon as the problem occurs again. Cheers and thank you so far!

PDEngine and a PDSched are Perfect Disk.

Please allow these with three grren bars. Also use the right click in the Program Control listing and use Changes Frequently and in the Options use application control settings. Also let the ZA check by file path only. Perfect disk may require Trusted Access and if there is an updater, then have Aske for the Internet zone access. I don't see it needing any server rights.

Also use the Add in the lower right to add these components and any other executibles in the Perfect Disk folder.

These may male things run a little smoother and eliminate the Alerts.

Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

birdseed Guest

Hi Oldsod. I looked up the mentioned files in Program Control and found only one executible -PDSchedule Module.
    Following your advice I put the other two executibles - PD Cmd and PD Engine Module - to the Program Control Listing and
    gave them OK to let ZA check for trusted filepath only.
    Will keep you informed about the results, so possibly helping others in this nice forum.
    Regards and thank you so far.

Thanks birdseed and best regards to you as well.

Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

birdseed Guest

Hi Oldsod.
    I promised to inform you about the follow up.
    Well, now I better understand the error messages, I see what is going on.
    Today again two error messages. Looking into the content, it is clear that there is some trouble between VSMON.exe and MSVCRT.dll. I already found the same problems elsewhere in this forum.
    I believe there is something seriously wrong in the cooperation of these programparts related to the use of P2P such as Bittorrent and Utorrent. I now found out that the error only occurs during the running of these programs.
    Do you have any suggestions to solve the problem?
    Is there any security threat when True Vector Service is not running anymore?
    Thank you for your reply. RGDS.

Hi birdseed!

I sincerely apologize for my lateness. Please forgive me.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/192123

does present the fact that the libray could be updated??

Are there any old printer drivers still present from an older uninstalled or updated printer soft/hardware? Do the printer .exes or the spoolsv has the correct settings in the Zone Alarm?

Is there more than one version of MSVCRT.dll in the Windows Directory? There maybe an older version left over after the updated version was installed. Is the MSVCRT.dll found in the Zone Alarm listings- if not, use the Add and use all files instead of just executibles (in the botton drop down of the explorer) and Yes to the warning popup. Give it a Super rating (three green bars) and no Internet access whatsoever, and just ask for the Trusted Zone.

The True Vector not running is a serious issue- it is the engine of the Zone Alarm firewall itself. This must be functioning or the firewall is not operating and there is no firewall protection to speak of.

What about the other security application on the PC? Do they have the ZA as a Trusted application? Does the antivirus have a web scanner enabled, that could be the source of some conflict?

I have not checked this forum for the MSVCRT.dll, so these are just my own views.

I suppose the complete disk check and the sfc has been performed. Maybe this helps.

Please check the Windows Directory for the WSOCK32.DLL. There should be only one version and it should be from Microsoft.

There could be a small chance of a LSP issue. Try this freeware

http://www.majorgeeks.com/LSP-Fix_d4180.html

and just google the unknown elements that are found. It could be there is a malware present or a remmant from an old uninstall that is causing the issue.

The Google desktop, if being present, could be the root of the issue. Uninstall it and see what happens. Ditto for any Internet Messengers.

Malware is also a possibilty. This could be the root of the entire problem. Scanning with your security applications and using this site for additional self-help is highly recommended.

http://spywarewarrior.com/sww-help.htm

Okay I am running out of suggestions.

Please repost with some answers or more clues.

Oldsod

BTW Has there been any buffer overflow alerts from Windows??

Message Edited by Oldsod on 11-01-2006 09:16 AM

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Anti-Spyware
    Software Version:6.5
    Best regards.
    oldsod

another Guest

I have the same problem and I use bittorrent also(
    Torrent client) and I think the problem lies in ZA 6.5 as right now I got tired of it and started using the 6.1 version which doesn't make any error appear.

I got this info off the error:
    $2AppName: vsmon.exe
    $2AppVer: 6.5.737.0
    $2ModName: msvcrt.dll
    $2MovVer: 7.0.2600.2180
    Offset:000372e3

And also a registry in windows event viewer about the True Vector Service stopping.

Message Edited by Another on 11-01-200607:47 PM

Message Edited by Another on 11-01-200607:47 PM

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)
    Software Version:6.5

Hi

You would not be the first to say this. In this situation I myself would choose the ZA 6.1 over the ZA 6.5. Obviously there is some conflict somewhere that creates this. Would be interesting to find out what it is.

Many thanks,

Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information