Thread: 6.1.744 logoff 'End Program' problem

knightowl Guest

Default 6.1.744 logoff 'End Program' problem

I have recently upgraded from ZA Pro 5.5.094 to ZA Security Suite 6.1.744 on a Windows 2000 SP4 machine.Whenever I log off from either an administrator or a user account I now get an 'End Program' dialog box after about 5 seconds.The 'End Program'
    will sometimes
    be for 'zlclient.exe', other times it will be for 'Zonealarm Security Suite'.I have changed 'HungAppTimeout' in the registry from 5000 milliseconds to 10000 milliseconds
    then I get the 'End Program' after about 10 seconds. So I'm guessing that ZA is really having problems shutting down rather than
    the default 5 seconds
    just not being enough time.Anyone have any thoughts?

Operating System:Windows 2000 Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.1

Default Re: 6.1.744 logoff 'End Program' problem

Have you installed UPHcleanup service from MS? It forces apps to release user profile hive to speed shut down , which may be the problem here
    (I don't get it with current version of ZA but did with some earlier versions; probably depends on the system).

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=1b286e6d-8912-4e18-b570-42470e2f3582&displaylang=en

hub_cap Guest

Default Re: 6.1.744 logoff 'End Program' problem

I just installed the latest from MS and am using latest ZAPro. I still get the error message "end now with Zlclient.exe". Any other suggestions? Using WinXP Pro on a HP Pavilion

Thread Information