Thread: Lacking comms ?

lawd Guest

Default Lacking comms ?

I keep getting server requests from ZA and I believe I should be given more information from the alert. svchost.exe is a part of windows and keeps asking for this but I think we should be told WHY it is asking for this

Generic Host Process for Win32 Services wants to accept connections from the internet. Identification : "Not available in ZoneAlarm" Application svchost.exe Source IP 80.195.29.46 Port 18031

This is just todays episode and the port number changes..by day the ip changes too

Does anyone know factually why we are not told what is going on ?

furthermore, I have searched this forum for Generic Host and found little about this, many questions but few answers and nothing asking what I am asking

Also I would like to know does anyone who actually works for ZoneLabs actually reply here ?

This seems to be taboo like yahoo's 8 years of open hacking via messenger.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)

billc Guest

Default Re: Lacking comms ?

The people who help on this board are all volunteers with the exception of the Forum-Moderator. We give freely of our time to try to help others. About your question, that IP belongs to Telewest Broadband IP Network Service in the UK. The request to accept connection is probably benign but unless you know why your being asked, I'd recommend that you always deny requests to accept connections from the internet. That means granting 'server' rights in the Internet zone which can be dangerous and rarely actually needed. It is ok for Generic Host Process For Win32 Services to have 'sever' rights in the Trusted zone but not the Internet zone.

Thread Information