Thread: "ZASS needs to check with ZA servers for updated junk mail blocking..." Alert message

gij Guest

Default "ZASS needs to check with ZA servers for updated junk mail blocking..." Alert message

I keep getting the subject Alert message despite my attempts to eliminate it by following the steps outlined in an earlier message thread related to the same complaint.
    I've given the Generic Host Process trusted server and internet access and have given trusted status to DNS, gateway and localhost.
    The alert message keeps popping up about every 15 minutes or so and clicking on either YES or NO makes it go away for a short time only.
    Is there anything else I can try to rid myself of this nuisance or do I have to abandon ZA altogether?

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.5

Default Re: "ZASS needs to check with ZA servers for updated junk mail blocking..." Alert message

Go to the log viewers and then to the program section, and see if there is any entry in it getting blocked.
    My homes are SpywareHammer.com and DonHoover.net and BleepingComputer.com

Consumer Security - 2011 & 2012

Tilting at windmills hurts you more than the windmills.
    -From the Notebooks of Lazarus Long
    Senior of the Howard Families

gij Guest

Default Re: "ZASS needs to check with ZA servers for updated junk mail blocking..." Alert message

The logs indicate that ZLUpdate is being repeatedly blocked.
    Why is that happening?

Go to the program list in ZA scroll down to the ZoneLabs updater, and all the icons next to it under the access and server colums, select them and select ask. Then try again.
    My homes are SpywareHammer.com and DonHoover.net and BleepingComputer.com

Consumer Security - 2011 & 2012

Tilting at windmills hurts you more than the windmills.
    -From the Notebooks of Lazarus Long
    Senior of the Howard Families

Thread Information