Hello,
I have been using ZoneAlarm for years and had no problems, but over the last few weeks I have been getting repeated "Blocked Access" messages. In every single case the IP addresses quoted belong to computers in the LAN, which is set as a trusted zone.
Trusted zone security is set to "Medium" (although the same problem occurs when it is sent to "Off&quot. On one occasion ZoneAlarm claimed to have blocked an access attempt "from your computer to 192.168.3.1" - i.e. it blocked me accessing my own router!
Many of the access attempts (though not all) are due to a proprietary time management program, which is installed on one computer in the LAN (it uses a single central database).The program pops up every15 minutes on each computer
to ask the employee what job they are working on. Up until a few weeks ago this arrangement worked smoothly, but now ZoneAlarm's constant
interference is making this program practically unuseable, as every time the access attempt is blocked the program crashes and has to be restarted. Other access attempts from other computers on the LAN I cannot explain although I suspect they are things like directory list updates, as all our working files are stored on a single network drive.
Has an update to ZoneAlarm been issued recently which might have caused this problem? How can I change the settings to prevent further alerts when the whole LAN is already defined as "trusted"? Getting so irritated I feel like switching it off and going back to Windows Firewall (yuck)!

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)
Software Version:6.5