Thread: True Vector Crash when i try to connect to irc servers using socket 4 or 5 proxy

thedukesd Guest

Default True Vector Crash when i try to connect to irc servers using socket 4 or 5 proxy

When i try to connect to irc servers using a socket 5 or socket 4 proxy somewhere between the 10th connection retry and the 15th connection retry True Vector Crash. I try everything posted on this forum. Nothing is working. I'm using Zone Alarm Pro 6.5.737. Windows firewall it's disable. I'm also using Kav Antivirus 6.0.1.411 hot fix a.b.c. (I've done all the things you said to do to make this 2 software work fine together this didn't fix my problem ). I try to disable the antivirus, same problem. I'm using Windows XP Pro SP2 fully updated.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:6.5

thedukesd Guest

Default Re: True Vector Crash when i try to connect to irc servers using socket 4 or 5 proxy

Nobody knows a solution for this problem?!?

Default Re: True Vector Crash when i try to connect to irc servers using socket 4 or 5 proxy

Have you allowed IRC in the IMSecurity Advanced settings?
    My homes are SpywareHammer.com and DonHoover.net and BleepingComputer.com

Consumer Security - 2011 & 2012

Tilting at windmills hurts you more than the windmills.
    -From the Notebooks of Lazarus Long
    Senior of the Howard Families

thedukesd Guest

Hoov that settings it's in Zone Alarm Internet Security Suite . I'm using Zone Alarm Pro and I didn't found that setting. This problem is still in Zone Alarm Pro 7 . It happens offen when the port of the proxy is 10000 or higher but I had some crashes when the port was lower then 10000. The problems seams to be only when I use socket proxy if I use http proxy everything it's ok. Simptom: vsmon.exe eat all my cpu and after 5-20 and after the the crash happens. Some time true vector start again (it take about 3-5 minutes to start again) but there are cases when true vector don't start and the pc freeze (zclient.exe eat all my cpu, I think this happens because it's trying to start True Vector).

Thread Information