Thread: ZAISS 7 Warning about Regedit trying to modify existing driver or service EABUSB

the_flying_scot Guest

Default ZAISS 7 Warning about Regedit trying to modify existing driver or service EABUSB

I
    installed ZAISS 7 a couple of weeks ago everything working ok.
    On booting up today I have received a OS firewall warning:
    "Register editor is trying to modify an existing driver or service:
    EABUSB."

To be safe I have denied the change.
    Everything seems normal, but each time I boot I now get this warning message.
    On doing a file search I have gleaned that EABUSB has something to do with HP Quick Launch buttons ( I have a HP Pavilion dv1000 series notepad).
    I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but the other day Program Control automatically switched from "Auto Learn" to "Max" (as it does after 7 - 21 days).
    Can anyone help by telling me what EABUSB is and why I am getting the warning?
    Is this quite normal or a known issue?
    Can the change be safely
    accepted (I have checked and I
    don't appear to have any viruses).
    RegardsThe_Flying_Scot

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:7.0

zaswing Guest

Default Re: ZAISS 7 Warning about Regedit trying to modify existing driver or service EABUSB

Did HP give you an upgrade, perhaps automatically? If so, allow.
    One of the purposes of OS protection by ZA is precisely this - possible registry changes by hackers, which job it appears to have done nicely. Unfortunately most of us don't know if to allow or not .It sounds to me like it has to do with some easy access to USB driver. Check your drivers. Check HP site and see if this driver should belong on your computer. Check your i386 directory and the date there. Check version. Check MD5 signature Smart/dumb advisor lists. See if it's legit and then decide.
    it's a bit of a shock to get a sophisticated protection such as this isn't it? All the options and the user doesn't know what to do regarding quite serious decisions.
    Anyway, there's little point in cluttering your system with things like quick launch buttons anyway. Just disable, uninstall, and forget it. Unless it's needed for your mouse of usb keyboard or something like that.

Message Edited by zasuiteuser on 02-06-200708:57 PM

Message Edited by zasuiteuser on 02-06-200708:58 PM

Thread Information