Thread: mIRC is not a virus....

fantasylover Guest

Default mIRC is not a virus....

I got an alert from ZAISS that said that my mIRC client (the executable and the downloaded trialware install file) were infected with the "not-a-virus: Client-IRC.Win32.mIRC.621". I can't disabled my firewall, but this false positive is just that. The firewall instantly quarantines both files. There must be a work around for this. I know that there is a way to put mIRC in an execption list of files not to scan, but need help.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:7.0

fantasylover Guest

Default Re: mIRC is not a virus....

<blockquote><hr>fantasylover wrote:
    I got an alert from ZAISS that said that my mIRC client (the executable and the downloaded trialware install file) were infected with the &quot;not-a-virus: Client-IRC.Win32.mIRC.621&quot;. I can't disabled my firewall, but this false positive is just that. The firewall instantly quarantines both files. There must be a work around for this. I know that there is a way to put mIRC in an execption list of files not to scan, but need help.

Operating System:
    Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:
    ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:

<hr></blockquote>

Let me rephrase my question. If after this &quot;not-a-virus&quot; msg shows up, changing the option from quarantine to ignore always should prevent ZA from wanting to put mirc.exe in the quarantine or delete list?

Default Re: mIRC is not a virus....

Hi!did you manage to solve your problem? If not please try to post only in one thread.For example this one:http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...essage.id=1107Thanks,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information