Thread: keylogger?

schebob Guest

Default keylogger?

After updating Windows, clicking on favourite icon, ZA displays a red labelled Alert like this:"Internet Explorer is attempting to monitor user activities on this computer. If allowed it may try o track or log keystrokes (usrer input), mouse moviments or click, web sites visited, and other user behaviors".Should I be concerned?Roberto

klate Guest

Default Re: keylogger?

This iss because of the new windows updates for internet explorer 7.
    This is normal and you should allow. It isns't really monitoring your keystrokes zonealarm thinks it is when you click favorites or comboboxes etc..
    What i want to know though, is if I have my iexplore.exe access for trusted and internet green checkmarked, and everything else is ? , *(because i dont know what to allow or not allow with this new version of internet explorer, i cant find my permissions for the old one anywhere),.
    will zonealarm alert me or change the settings when zonealarms releases the advisor for this new IE?
    SHould i constantly be removing this program from the list and hopefully ZA will auto configure it when a policy becomes available? otherwise i have popup after popup when using IE

zaswing Guest

I have trust level set to 3 green bars, otherwise, like you, 3 checks and 2 red Xs. That in ZASS v6.1.
    On the Main tab of Program control set SmartDefense to Auto (you can switch to manual later if that's what you use). Then remove IE7 once more from the program list and allow Auto setting on next use of IE7. Those popup alerts about keyloggers stopped when I did that. Hope this will work for you

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>kLate wrote:
    SHould i constantly be removing this program from the list and hopefully ZA will auto configure it when a policy becomes available? otherwise i have popup after popup when using IE
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Hi!no, no need of removing the program from the list, when a policy will become available this will be applied automatically (if you have all ZA systems active and not disabled)Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

schebob Guest

Thank you all for your answers!Roberto

Thread Information