Thread: Windows security centre reports ZA antivirus out of date

davidhornby Guest

Default Windows security centre reports ZA antivirus out of date

About a month ago I renewed my subscription to ZA Security Suite and got the latest version 7.0.302.000. I was previously running version 6.5.722.
    I have Windows XP Home.
    Since updating the ZA software I get the following Windows Security Centre warning
    each time I boot up: "Your Antivirus software may be out of date. Click here to fix this problem." Clicking here takes me to the Windows Security Centre, where it says that "Zone Alarm Security Suite Antivirus reports that it might be out of date".
    The only 'fix' that it offers is to update the suite (which I did a month ago) or get another AV programme! I can switch off the windows monitor but don't want to do this.
    Apart from the warning message there doesn't appear to be any real problem.
    This has not occurred with earlier versions of ZA and I have had no response from ZA technical support, so I wondered if anyone else is familiar with this problem and has any advice?
    Thanks

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:7.0

gwe Guest

Default Re: Windows security centre reports ZA antivirus out of date

I have found the same problem after installing the latest version of ZA. The only way I have found to get the Windows Security Center to report that ZA is up to date is to open Zone Alarm Security Suite and go to Anti-Virus/Anti-Spyware and turn the anti-virus OFF, turn it back ON and the Windows Security Center red icon will disappear and it will report that Zone Alarm is up to date.

bearcat Guest

Default Re: Windows security centre reports ZA antivirus out of date

This is happening to me, however, your cure does not work for me.

Thread Information