Thread: Za Alerts Following Security Updates...

shawk Guest

Default Za Alerts Following Security Updates...

Hi. I downloaded and installed to following Security Updates for Windows XP on 02/18:

KB927802
    KB928255
    KB918118
    KB931836
    KB928843
    KB926436
    KB927779
    KB924667

Now, whenever I open IE7 I get this Zone Alarm alert:

"Suspicious Behavior! Internet Explorer is attempting to monitor user activities on this computer. If allowed it may try to track or log keystrokes (user input), mouse movements/ clicks, web sites visited and other user behaviors." And whether I click Allow or Deny, the browser freezes and has to be shut down.

Any ideas on how I can fix this?

Thanks

shawk

Default Re: Za Alerts Following Security Updates...

Hi!you could try (with IE7 CLOSED) to go to: Program control tab --> Programs tab --> Find "internet explorer",assign SUPER under trust level and give Trusted and Internet access. Now try open IE7 and see if still will hang. If the above fails, close IE7, go to: Program control tab --> Programs --> Find "internet explorer",right click on it and "remove"Run IE7 and if you get a pop-up select "allow" and "remember".If the all the above fails, you may have a ZA corrupted database. Try to reset it. Read here how to do it:http://www2.nohold.net/noHoldCust542...rruptlogs.htmlThe above procedure will remove all your settings and configurations including some automatic settings that ZA does at install. If resetting the ZA database works than I would recommend you to do a clean uninstall/install whenever you have time in order to replicate automatic configuration beenremoved by ZA database reset. See here how to do it:http://www2.nohold.net/noHoldCust542...n_install.htmlFax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

shawk Guest

That did it, Fax. Thank you.
    shawk

Message Edited by shawk on 02-19-200708:29 PM

Good!:8}Glad to hear you resolved your issue...What was that did the trick? Was it enough to change IE program control settings?Thanks,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

jongar Guest

I'd be wary of any IE7 install after this update. It seems Zonealarm did not manage to update their profiles/signatures before it went out. I had the same security alerts, which should never appear for IE, being a recognised app and
    one that has special protection against modification within ZA. After install, even after granting all necessary privileges, IE7 has been unstable - randomly crashing/locking up.
    I suspect this article may describe the issue:
    http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/200...lications.aspx
    For me a re-install of IE7 with ZA disabled seems to have fixed things.
    I am sure it is also config dependent and many may install the update without issue. However, if you have any problems with IE7 instability after the update try the above.

Message Edited by Jongar on 02-22-200706:56 PM

shawk Guest

<blockquote><hr>fax wrote:
    Good!:8}Glad to hear you resolved your issue...
    What was that did the trick? Was it enough to change IE program control settings?
    Thanks,Fax
    <hr></blockquote>Fax, sorry it took so long to reply, I've been crazy busy.
    Yes, changing the program control settings solved my problem.
    Thanks again for your help.
    shawk

helldorado Guest

&quot;First, check in the upper right-hand corner of the ZoneAlarm Window. You should see an All Systems Active message in green letters (to the right of the lock). If the panel is displaying All systems Active and ZoneAlarm is still not functioning properly, it is possible that some files have become corrupt.&quot;
    What the **bleep** if I don't have that message?
    I noticed automatic update running (without prompting me) in the system tray. Then, no more web browsing unless I first turn off program control. Once I'm in, I can turn it back on and everything is fine in that tab only. IE7 btw. I just ran the latest update, 7.0.462.000. It did not help. Also, when I ran the check for new updates, it did not find this. When I went to this site, I saw there was an update. Brilliant...
    I have IE7 set to super with all green checks. No go. I've already had to clear out my settings twice. **bleep**?
    Thanks, Kit
    FYI, XP Pro...

Thread Information