Sorry for accidentally posting this before. This morning for the first time ever I received the following Suspicious Behavior Alert from ZAISS:

Internet Information Services is trying to remove a driver or service: W3SVC\PARAMETERS\VIRTUAL ROOTS
Application: inetinfo.exe (C:\WINDOWS\system32\inetsrv)

I couldn't make sense of it, and more confusingly I couldn't find any good information on Google.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&s...mp;btnG=Search turns up nothing.

Searching this forum turns up nothing for virtual roots or w3svc. Searching for "remove a driver or service" turns up quite a bit, mostly having to do with H.323.

I did a virus and spyware scan using ZA with all of the most intensive / thorough options selected less than a week ago which turned up nothing. My computer's been running great.

The only thing I can think of is I recently (in the past few days) purged about 20 GB of personal files from my computer. It was 99% pictures, videos, documents, spreadsheets, and other personal things the system shouldn't miss. I tried to be very careful not to mess with anything the current installation of Windows might remotely need, but I guess it's possible I fouled something up that way.

I haven't clicked Allow or Deny yet, and everything seems fine. I'm using the computer in question to post this.

Does anyone have any ideas on what's going on here or how to proceed?

Thank you so much in advance!

-Jim

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
Software Version:7.0