Thread: Winlogon.exe error goes into the famous blue screen and crashes.

johnnypa Guest

Default Winlogon.exe error goes into the famous blue screen and crashes.

I upgraded to ZA 7.0.337.0 through an update message i got. I then restarted the computer and i get a winlogon error and the computer crashes and goes into the blue screen. I then went into safe mode and uninstalled ZA and reloaded windows and everything worked fine. I then d/led ZA 7.0.337.0 again in order to make the file wasnt corrupt. same thing happened. So now I took off the "load zonealarm on startup" and I load it manually after windows starts and everything works fine but im afraid ill forget to load it every time i restart so has anyone had the same problem and was able to resolve it?

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:7.0

colombonew Guest

Default Re: Winlogon.exe error goes into the famous blue screen and crashes.

I have the same problem and I can
    t solve it until now.

badupgrade Guest

I am also experiencing this problem.
    I am not familiar with ZoneAlarm's tech support policies, will they fix this issue?
    How do we get an upgrade for this?
    Thank you

dvanderven Guest

I also have this problem and I would really like to know the solution. So if anyone can help, please do.

Hi!this error is typical if you have installed a Logitech device.Do you have a Logitech camera?Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

johnnypa Guest

Hi, this is how I solved the problem - I uninstalled spy doctor by PCTools, taking it out of the startup was not enough, I had to uninstall it and it resolved the issue..

dvanderven Guest

I have a logitech keyboard and mouse, but the problem started with ZA version 7. But i'm gonna try it and uninstall the logitech drivers. Thanks, i'll let it know.

Or wait for the next version that should fix the Logitech issues (sorry no specific ETA for the release)....Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information