Thread: New Update Of ZA7 And Now Problems

navra Guest

Default New Update Of ZA7 And Now Problems

Hi
    was just wondering whether anyone could help out i manged to install ZA7 with no probs untill i restarted the machine. I now recive the red sheild
    with a cross in. Wend and looked at Windows security center and
    recive the message "Windows has found more than one firewall one installed on this pc but no firewall is turned on".
    Does anyone know why i may recive this message so i dont have to turn of windows notifications
    Thanks Navra

XP Home SP2

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:7.0

Default Re: New Update Of ZA7 And Now Problems

Hi

Was there a previous firewall installed on the PC? Was it from Zone labs or another makers firewall? Is the windows XP firewall off?

Is the ZA working?

If the ZA is working, then the Windows should eventually see the ZA. It is a windows error.

Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

navra Guest

Hi
    Just thought i would let you know that the firewall and pc are now working ok. Have restarted my pc today and Windows Security Center says "ON" with Zone Alarm Pro In the drop down box now.
    But just Thought i would let you know
    CheersNavra

Hi

It is the windows WMI that handles the task. The info is stored in the windows itself and sooner or later, windows does actually notice and makes the proper changes. I have had uninstalled firewalls and antiviruses shown as being still active, long after the uninstall. The firewalls and antiviruses installed after never showed as being active. The files can be deleted and make windows create a fresh start, but not really recommended.

Thanks for reling with the latest news and the heppy news.

Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

Thread Information