Thread: Game Mode - Needs Some Enhancement

jkseidel Guest

Default Game Mode - Needs Some Enhancement

I really like Game Mode as I am an avid MMORPG player, but it needs some additional work. I use it primarily in 'Deny All' mode and it works great for suppressing alerts, however it still doesn't squelch the messages of some of ZA's actions. An example is the notification that an anti-spyware scan is beginning and ending. As most players, I do not play in a windowed mode and the scan announcements pop me back to the desktop ... usually at a very bad time. The scan therefore causes two pops back to desktop (start and end of scan). It would be nice to see game mode enhanced to suppress all notifications from ZA.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:7.0

naivemelody Guest

Default Re: Game Mode - Needs Some Enhancement

Well if it's a scheduled scan that interferes - you can change your scheduled scans or turn it off. If it's an update - you can turn off auto-updates and use manual updates for ZA and any other software.NaiveMelody NYC 3-22-07~9:59pm e.s.t. - Daydream - Lovin' Spoonful

jkseidel Guest

Default Re: Game Mode - Needs Some Enhancement

One of the instances is a scheduled scan. While your proposal works, and is apparently the only solution available at the moment, doesn't mean that the devs can't expand the functionality of 'game mode' in a future release. This is more or less what I am hoping they might consider. I was unable to find a feature request forum or form on the site, so I posted my request here, as it seemed the best fit. Obviously the current 'game mode' is an attempt to make things easier for gamers, it just needs a bit more power.

Thread Information