Thread: How to stop this unwanted function and message in email? Junk Mail Anti-Fraud filter

jerryklein Guest

Default How to stop this unwanted function and message in email? Junk Mail Anti-Fraud filter

I have been a Zone Alarm user for at least 5 years and never had a problem.
    I just installed the new update and I am getting this annoying Junk Mail Anti-Fraud filter message in email that pops-up every time I start Outlook.
    I have spy ware I have a junk and virus email scanner and am not interested in double overhead.
    How do I shut down this unwanted nonsense that I did not request?
    I do not have these functions active.

Operating System:Windows 2000 Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)
    Software Version:7.0

Default Re: How to stop this unwanted function and message in email? Junk Mail Anti-Fraud filter

Unfortunately the ZA free 7.x version includes trial of ZASS and even if you decline the upgrade during install, a lot of ZASS files get installed without warning. One such is mail frontier, which is the spam filter that gets installed into Outlook willy nilly.
    If you mean Office Outllok, go Tools, options, other tab, click on advanced options, click on COM addins, uncheck mailbuddy, OK out, close Outlook.To uninstall MailFrontier altogether,v 7.0.302: there is an add/remove entry for MailFrontier.v 7.0.337: no entry in add/remove, but yu can uninstall manually, follow instructions inhttp://forums.zonealarm.com/zonelabs...ssage.id=64849
    If you mean Outlook Express, uninstall mail frontier
    Useful advice suggested by OldSod is to uninstall clean ZA free, download the ZA pro trial; After a fortnight that reverts to ZA free. ZA pro trial does not include or install those unwanted bits of ZASS.

Message Edited by JRosenfeld on 04-04-200702:00 AM

Thread Information