Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: upgrade 70.337.000.en problems with outlook

teapot Guest

Default upgrade 70.337.000.en problems with outlook

I have just upgraded to 70.337.000.en. Every thing ok except when I start Outlook I get the the follpwing message ZONEALARM-OUTLOOK outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close we are very sorry for the inconvenience, the only way I can get outlook to work is to close AZ down

any assistance would be appreciated
    Peter H

Operating System:
    Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:
    ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:

Message Edited by teapot on 03-28-200709:43 PM

ne_traders Guest

Default Re: upgrade 70.337.000.en problems with outlook

I have this same problem.
    I just installed ZoneAlarm on 3/27.
    On 3/28 I upgraded to the newest version.
    I can't even open Outlook Express.
    Even if I shut off ZoneAlarm.
    If anyone out there knows what I'm doing wrong, pls. let me know.
    Thanks!
    NE-traders

a_rawlings Guest

I have the same problem!!I have been using Zone Alarm for about 3 years, with no problems with outlook compatibility until i upgraded today to V 7 (free addition)When opening outlook - 'ZoneAlarm' Security suite window - Junk e-mail and anti-fraud filter pops up,followed by Outlooks error window 'outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close'When these are closed down outlook shuts down also.
    Consequently I've had to to uninstall zone alarm from my system for outlook to work.Any pointers would be greatly appreciated

mattcordle Guest

Grrrrr! My father-in-law has exactly the same problem. He's had to uninstall ZoneAlarm to be able to open Outlook successfully at all. Even when ZoneAlarm was shut down the email scanner would try to start and crash Outlook immediately.A fix for this would be good!
    Matt

ellijane Guest

I also have the same problem !
    Outlook 2000
    was working just fine until the new free version, now when I try to open Outlook, I get the ZA window popping up and before it can analyse email (or whatever it was supposed to do) I get the "Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close, sorry for the inconvenience" message.

I even turned off the Basic Mailsafe in ZA, but
    Outlook still crashes
    !
    I also get a specific error message "Outlook.exe - no disk. There is no disk in the drive"

According to Microsoft help this is an problem with the .pst (personal folder) file.
    Mind you, the only way I can get Outlook up and running long enough to follow the steps to correct this, is by uninstalling ZA.
    Uninstalled ZA, fixed problem (or so I thought), reinstalled ZA and everything worked fine until I shut down my pc for the night.

When I restarted again next day and tried to open Outlook, it happened again.

Back to square one...unless I resort to leaving my pc running 24/7 until someone fixes this problem.

thoward Guest

I've also had the same problem with version 7.0.337.000. But my problem is more extreme. Outlook, when I can open it, will invariably freeze up on me and I'll get the same message the rest of you are getting. I also have the same problem with the Windows Desktop search function. I've had to turn it off so that it won't start when I boot up. And I've had my PC crash when I'm running Word. Didn't have any of these problems before the Zone Alarm Security Suite upgrade. I'm going to try to uninstall the software and reinstall the earlier version if I can. Can't believe that Zone Alarm didn't test the upgrade better.

ygmir Guest

I get this too.
    I sure hope someone figures it out.

kaiober Guest

me too,in outlook is a new COM-ADD-IN, I read in some other forums, but none has a hint how to kill this after the installation;the uninstaller in the Mailfrontier from where this should come links me to nowhere.best hint was to install zonealarm pro, there should be in the Mail area a new button to "free" outlook, not yet proofednow
    I renamed both exe-Progs in this folder only the first testwindow not appearedunklick
    zonealarm - start with windowrestartsame proceduredependecywalker from MS-windows tools with outlook no conection to zonealarm foundsame with mantispm.exe >mtdsdk.dll and crsrpt.dll - both renamed started outlooksam procedure
    uninstall zone alarm

A registry fix has been posted at
    http://forums.zonealarm.com/zonelabs...ssage.id=46782

That just disables the COM addin in Office Outlook (same as in Outlook, tools, options, Other tab, Advanced options, COM addins, uncheck mailbuddy).
    To completely remove Mailfrontier, see
    http://forums.zonealarm.com/zonelabs...ssage.id=64849

yorkshireincome Guest

Two weeks after the problem first arise on one of my two PCs (the other one works perfectly well) and still Zone Alarms have failed to repair the fault.

Having paid for ZASS I expect a better service; but what can i do.

Unfortunately the proposed solution put forward relates to the free version, ZA seem to care more about the people who use their free service than us folks who pay for ours
    - what does that say about the company.
    It took 6 working days fo ZA to even acknowledge the problem I'd reported, there is no service into th UK that is free apart from Emailing them (again).
    In response to their long Email I have provided info about my system and sent them the logs, still nothing back - not even a recognition that they are "working on it".

So my solution has to be to consider removing ZA and replacing it with another company's product!
    This problem has now stopped me using Outlook for 2 weeks and there is no sign of a solution being put forward

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information