Thread: weird program behavior

Hybrid View

truelori Guest

Default weird program behavior

Today ZA started acting strange.
    First a command prompt (black DOS type window) came up that said it was a Zone Alarm update.
    But the update failed.
    Then I updated manually and the update worked.
    But when I restarted, it came up asking me if I wanted to send the error logs to Zone Alarm.
    Is this really a Zone Alarm feature?
    I can't find any information about it.
    It seemed to take a very long time and it started to make me nervous that ZA was somehow compromised and it was sending my computer data somewhere else!
    Anyone experience this?
    I also have noticed that two instances of scanningprocess.exe are running at all times on my computer, even though I am not actively scanning the drives.
    Any thoughts?
    Thanks
    Lori

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:7.0

naivemelody Guest

Default Re: weird program behavior

First question - just recently you and a number of users here have gotton some sort of problem after updating - what it is I can't really say, but look at the rest of the forum, you are not alone. Hopefully, ZA will get the bugs out of this most recent update problem, soon.<hr>Second question - that I can, answer. Yes, it's really normal to have two Scanningprocess.exe ; it's part of the new Kaspersky av engine. This question has been asked numerous times - yes, it's normal. Kaspersky av is running real time protection of your pc.NaiveMelody NYC 5-30-07~8:51pm e.s.t. - Hey Nineteen - Steely Dan

Thread Information