Thread: Vsmon.exe continually crashes after 2-3 hours of operation..

denwo Guest

Default Vsmon.exe continually crashes after 2-3 hours of operation..

I have noticed that if I leave my comp up and running for extended periods of time, that my ZA's vsmon.exe will crash out and hang ZA and another Dll app. (not sure which one)

I click on close and then true vector is toast and I have the lovely red X in the corner.

Why is Vsmon.exe crashing?? This was happening on my previous installation as well. I have since re-formatted and re-installed Za.. but it continues to happen.

It never happens if I'm sitting here and working on the comp.. but it seems to happen if it idles for much too long..

any ideas why and how I can resolve it?? I'd hate to have to stop using ZA (since I paid for it and all) but if my comp is unable to function for extended periods of time, what can I do?

Also, I think thats its pretty sad that a person who buys the software needs to pay to talk to tech support..

(but thats for another rant on another time eh? )

thanks for any assistance.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro x64
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: Vsmon.exe continually crashes after 2-3 hours of operation..

Hi!you can contact ZA technical support (free of charge) here: www.zonelabs.com/tsform Meanwhile, do you use any P2P clients (e.g. emule, torrent, etc...). Vsmon will crash with these software...Also try to remove any other security tool you have installed, it may conflict with ZASS 7Note that ZASS is not compatible with XP PRO x64.Finally your ZA database may be corrupted and you may need to reset it.See here: http://www2.nohold.net/noHoldCust542...rruptlogs.htmlCheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information