Thread: TrueVector Service - MAJOR problem

al_rooney Guest

Default TrueVector Service - MAJOR problem

I am suddenly getting an error message from TrueVector, about every 5 seconds. It completely prevents Zone Alarm opperating at all. I've tried to perform a clean uninstall as per instructions but I can't access anything in Zone Alarm to turn off the automatic boot, nor can I uninstall it because TrueVector won't run to give me permission.
    The exact error signature is:

szAppName : vsmon.exe szAppVer : 7.0.337.0 szModName : zpeng24.dll

szModVer : 2.4.2150.1012 offset : 00024aca

Seriously worried how vulnerable I am without ZA working properly. And I can't really use the machine at all with this error message every few seconds.

Any help would be fantastic...Thank you...

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

flyyourway Guest

Default Re: TrueVector Service - MAJOR problem

boot into safe mode and set the settings you need and then reboot and uninstall.

al_rooney Guest

Default Re: TrueVector Service - MAJOR problem

Sorted. Legend! Thanks so much. Still not sure what I did to cause all the trouble, but I guess it doesn't matter now.
    Thanks again.Al

flyyourway Guest

Default Re: True Vector Service - MAJOR problem

Great glad to hear all is well.Sometimes it isn't you the user that causes the problems it might be a bug or even if you run more then 1 security application alongside ZA,most security software these days wants to be the boss and doesn't like sharing,so thus causing conflict and even the software crashes or corrupts its own database.I am just happy all is sorted out,if you need more help feel free to ask within a new thread.

Thread Information