Thread: Trying to update SENS driver

nwa_kevin Guest

Default Trying to update SENS driver

I am getting the following message on my Zone Alarm Security Alert:
    " Windows Service Pack Setup is trying to midify an exisiting driver or service: SENS "
    There are no properties to view.
    When I deny it, it keeps on reappearing in the Security Alert window.

I am completely up to date on my virus and spyware definitions however I have been having problems with my network connections (both ethernet and wireless) after I have accepted
    this security alert before.
    I am wondering if I shouldn't just uninstall ZA and reinstall it again.
    Maybe I have downloaded a virus.

Not sure, I am no expert.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

naivemelody Guest

Default Re: Trying to update SENS driver

See - http://forums.zonealarm.org/zonelabs...ssage.id=15018<hr>See -
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/02/08/SENS/
    . I think it is legitimate and should be 'allowed' - which coincidently may be related to and
    solve your 'wireless' keyboard issues.<hr>obile computing is becoming more and more popular; at the same time, practically all useful information flows into a computer via a network. Users can connect portable computers to low-bandwidth, high-availability wireless networks such as CDPD and Motorola's RD-LAP, or to higher-bandwidth, lower-availability networks such as wired docking stations in the office or wireless LANs. Mobile computers cannot be connected to the network at all times because of such limiting factors as cost, lack of availability, and location. Thus, applications for mobile PCs must work well in transient networks. In this article, I'll discuss two Microsoft technologies, the System Event Notification System (SENS) and Windows
    Management Instrumentation (WMI), that ensure that applications work well in mobile scenarios...<hr>NaiveMelody NYC 8-25-07 - Connected - Stereo MC's

Message Edited by NaiveMelody on 08-25-2007 08:48 PM

Thread Information