Thread: Vista clashing with ZA firewall

bmoder Guest

Default Vista clashing with ZA firewall

I just recently got windows vista prem and got Z.A internet security suite compat with vista. Installed the program and everything seem to be running fine but now all of a sudden i have vista telling me i have no firewall turned on ( the red sheild icon in the task bar )

but according to ZA the
    progarm it is on. Do ihave to have windows firewall turned on along with ZA ? I know its not recommended to do this but i dont understand why vista keeps telling me this. Iv uninstalled and reinstalled ZA but still the same alarm. TY for your help in this matter.

Operating System:Windows Vista Home Premium
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: Vista clashing with ZA firewall

Hi!I have seen this on another user.... try to completely remove ZASS in VISTA. 1. Uninstall ZA following this instructionshttp://www2.nohold.net/noHoldCust542...n_install.html2. Once uninstalled, double check that the files/folders detailed here below (link)are not anymore in your systemhttp://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...message.id=1033. Reboot4. Double check that VISTA Security Center only warn you about AV not installed and activate the VISTA firewall.5. Double check that VISTA Security Center does not report about any other security tool installed (apart from windows defender)6. Re-download the ZA 7.1 installer Install...Wait a couple of days or some reboots before making a final assessment.Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information