Thread: Non ending stream of TCP alerts

dbgager Guest

Default Non ending stream of TCP alerts

I am getting a non ending stream of TCP (flag:S) alert s on port 3724 which is the World of Warcraft port. I would say about 1000 an hour. The IP addresses of the source all appear to be different. Wold of Warcraft is not even running, so the program itself is not generating it.

dbgager Guest

Default Re: Non ending stream of TCP alerts

I would also like to add that after consulting the advisor on the hacker ID tab, that a lot pf these IP addresses are reserved, so they are most likely forged.

dbgager Guest

Default Re: Non ending stream of TCP alerts

I am not completelly sure but after further research I think this behavior might be related to the Blizzard downloader(running in the background), which uses bit torrent(peer to peer) technology. This constant stream slowed down to about 1 or 2 a minute, and then to nothing in the middle of the night. There is no way I am going to let an online game use my bandwith to do their downloading I just started playing WOW again a couple of weeks ago so this was the first time I noticed this behavior..Can somebody confirm if I am right about this being the cause of all these alerts.

Thread Information