Thread: True Vector Service Error 1059

lsmech Guest

Default True Vector Service Error 1059

the true vector service isnt running and when i try to start it from control panel > services, i get an error msg (1059 i think) saying the dependency for this service is looping. i checked the dependencies for true vector and its
    as if true vector needs
    the true vector service to run. its A needs B > B needs C > C needs A > and so on...thats the format the dependencies are showing for the true vector service.
    i tried deleting the files in the internet logs
    folder, ZA isnt set to run at startup,
    but true vector is still not running. is there any way to recover from this without reinstalling ZA?
    another problem is i set the defense advisor to automatic at the time of installing ZA but now i want it on manual. even if i set it on manual ZA is still making changes to program permissions automatically. its gotten really intelligent, even if i deny access to a program and ZA thinks the program needs to connect to the net then ZA promptly gives access! anyway to fix this without reinstalling ZA?
    scanned with spybot S& D, ad-aware, windows defender, trojan hunter, windows upto date with patches. all scans clean(including ZA's AV and AS)

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: True Vector Service Error 1059

Hi!from the description you give it sounds like your ZA database is corrupted... this can happen for the following reasons:- Cold shutdown (i.e improper shutdown)- PC has crashed or hanged recently- Your system is/was infected by malware- You have an application conflicting with ZASSSee here how to rectify the situation:http://www2.nohold.net/noHoldCust542...rruptlogs.htmlPlease note that: - Spybot S&D may block ZASS to clean your files and operate correctly- Windows Defender will add very little to your ZASS protection and lock registry items thus potentially conflicts with ZASS- Trojan Hunter realtime guard may conflict with ZASSTo sum up, if you keep your ZASS active and updated (including smartdefense to AUTO) you don't need all the additional software you have installed. Actually, they may create more problems than solutions. Ensure that are only running "on demand" and not "on access", this will minimise any compatibility problem. Smartdefense is one important part of the triple defense firewall it will kill real time any known malware running on your system.If you haveinstalled version 7.0.362.000 you may want to update to the latest release (7.0.408.000), this way:1. Download the ZASSinstaller: http://www.zonelabs.com/zasuitedownload/(DO NOT use any download managers)2. Backup your ZA settings (overview --> preferences) --> Not recommended if you have corrupted ZA database3. On your current ZA, Uncheck "Load ZA... at startup" (overview --> preferences)4. Reboot your system 5. Remove/shutdown other security tools.6. Install the new update (choose upgrade**).** Given the problem with your current ZASS I would suggest a "clean install" instead of upgrading.Cheers,Fax

Message Edited by fax on 09-13-2007 01:17 PM

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

lsmech Guest

i use the other anti-malware software for on-demand scans. only thing i have running with ZA is nod32, which i'll be uninstalling
    next week
    after the trial expires. i'm thinking of trialing escan. anybody knows whether escan
    has compatibility problems with ZASS? ZA
    is a very good firewall but i
    cant trust it
    to completely keep my comp safe
    without a dedicated antivirus.
    i knew a clean install was coming...i just knew it. i was just hoping there's some way to avoid it. smartdefense advisor is fine but i dont want it overriding my commands. any idea why its setting program permissions on its own even though i set it to manual?

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>lsmech wrote:
    ZAis a very good firewall but icant trust itto completely keep my comp safewithout a dedicated antivirus.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Hi!not sure I understand what you mean(i.e. you can't trust the AV in ZASS).ZASS comes with an integrated antivirus/antispyware, it is provided by Kaspersky. Plusits on antispyware developed internally, so, with ZASS you actually get two antispyware already. Also note that the antivirus engine in ZA (KAV SDK engine) is one of the best on the market...If you need a backup scanner I would recommend removing what you have and install the FREE superantispyware, it works well and it does the job.Cheers,FaxP.S. Yes, escan will conflict with ZASS since it uses the KAV engine also

Message Edited by fax on 09-13-2007 02:00 PM

lsmech Guest

I meant ZA started out as a firewall and it's good at that. The AV and AS seem just addons to me. So I'd rather have an AV that started as an AV and have ZA's AV as the backup.

Anyway just wanted to say I installed escan SS v9 trial and the ZASS trial(its a friend's pc) and they dont conflict (plz dont release a upgrade for ZASS that will conflict with escan just to make ppl choose one or the other!). I use ZA's AV for on-demand scans only, with escan as the resident AV.

Hi!still not really understanding... yes, ZA is good as firewall and they have choosen one of the best brand on the market for their antivirus module (kaspersky antivirus).As far as I know escan uses exactly the same engine (KAV SDK), strange that they do not conflict. But having escan on top of ZASS is just a waste of resources. Also consider that ZASS AV/AS scanning processes will not quit even if you turn OFF the antivirus and antispyware.Finally, if you are happy with this setup please go on.... the important thing is that it works for you.I would have personally removed ZASS and installed ZAPRO.... (firewall only)Cheers,Fax

Thread Information