Thread: Windows Security Center and SASS 7.0.408

fandinoa Guest

Default Windows Security Center and SASS 7.0.408

I just upgraded to 7.0.408. Now I get an error that I do not have a Firewall or A/V installed. Is anyone else getting that error? I made it go away by selecting that I have one and will monitor myself but why is this problem starting now? This makes no sense. I am disappointed that ZA would put out another update with bugs in it. Did they not learn with the release of 7.0?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: Windows Security Center and SASS 7.0.408

Hi!sounds like you update didn't go well.Its working fine here... did you reboot? Did you updated the antivirus/antispyware manually?Also try the following:http://forums.zonealarm.org/zonelabs...ssage.id=72059Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

fandinoa Guest

Yes, I did reboot. Should I do a clean uninstall and reinstall?

Actually it is the Windows Management Instrumentation service that does the task of recognizing the AV and the FW for the Security Center. I suspect it is a Windows issue, not a ZA issue. Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

You could try this and get the windows OS to create a new file:

Right click My Computer and select Manage.
    Select Services under the Services and Applications tree in the left panel
    and open the Services
    In the right panel, right click the <a href="http://www.blackviper.com/WinXP/Services/WMI_Performance_Adapter.htm" target=_blank>WMI Performance Adapter (Windows Management Instrumentation)</a > and use the Stop in the Service Status and change the Startup to Disabled. Apply and OK. Close the windows.
    Now start the PC in the safe mode.
    Open the C:\WINDOWS\system 32\wbem and delete the files in the Repository folder and clean the Recycle Bin.
    Restart the PC in the Normal Mode.
    Return to the WMI Servivc and change it to Automatic and Start as it was before.
    Reboot once again.
    The Windows OS should see the ZA as the correct firewall and antivirus.

Oldsod

Message Edited by Oldsod on 09-15-2007 01:35 PM
    Best regards.
    oldsod

axlefc Guest

The security center issue in Windows XP is a recurrent issue with ZoneAlarm 7.0. AFAIK this issue has happened so far in all versions on certain PC configurations except 7.0.337. It is a fairly minor bug, to fix it you can either follow the steps described in the link posted by fax, or if you want a shortcut, you can simply shutdown ZoneAlarm and all its real-time monitors and restart it, and this should get the security center working again. :-)

This is likely a bug of Windows, or ZoneAlarm, or even both. In either case I wouldn't be worried about it. Once the workaround is applied, this bug will not bother you again till the next program re-install or upgrade.

fandinoa Guest

Thank you all. I did a clean uninstall and I reinstalled ZASS. It now works perfectly.

Thread Information