Thread: Windows Millenium Edition no compatible with new updates: what to do?

ganadorh Guest

Default Windows Millenium Edition no compatible with new updates: what to do?

I just downloaded the new update for the free edition and was unable to get it to install. Is there any way to proceed from here without updating my OS?

Default Re: Windows Millenium Edition no compatible with new updates: what to do?

Hello, this was the official release by Zone Labs regarding this issue:
    <BLOCKQUOTE><HR><BLOCKQUOTE>

Windows 98se/ME Support Discontinued

On July 11, 2006,Microsoft will end support for Windows 98, 98SE and Me, which will have the resulting effect of making these operating systems less secure (http://www.microsoft.com/windows/sup...ofsupport.mspx). Windows 98/Me are older operating systems, and therefore inherently more vulnerable to attacks than newer operating systems. Now that Microsoft will no longer provide security updates to this operating system it will become increasingly prone to security vulnerabilities.</BLOCKQUOTE><BLOCKQUOTE>

Accordingly, Zone Labs will cease to support Windows 98/98SE/Me with the introduction of our version 6.5 ZoneAlarm family of products including ZoneAlarm
    Internet Security Suite, ZoneAlarm
    Pro, ZoneAlarm
    Antivirus, ZoneAlarm
    Anti-Spyware, and ZoneAlarm

Note about pre-6.5 products:

Pre-6.5 products will continue to run on the Windows 98/98SE/Me operating system. However, there are a few new and advanced protection features in ZoneAlarm products that will not run due to technical limitations of this operating system. Zone Labs strongly recommends upgrading to a supported and current version of the Windows operating system. Zone Labs may end services to pre-6.5 products at any time.</BLOCKQUOTE>
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thread Information