Thread: Multiple IE Installer & Internet Explorer Monitoring User Activities Alert

albroun Guest

Default Multiple IE Installer & Internet Explorer Monitoring User Activities Alert

Hi I recently upgraded my version of IE6 to IE7 when I discovered this utility: http://tredosoft.com/Multiple_IE Immediately after installation of IE7 and the Multiple IE Installer I started getting alerts to do with Internet Explorer Monitoring User Activities - on all the versions - the new one, and the two older versions I selected during installation of the Multiple IE Installer (IE 5.5 and 6). I need this ability to view multiple versions of IE. However, I am not sure whether the ZA alert has arisen as a result of installation of the Multiple IE Installer or whether it is a more general alert that is a feature of a recent ZA update. I could of course try uninstalling the Multiple IE Installer and see what happens, but thought I would raise the issue incase there is something here which needs to be looked into. McAfee Site Advisor flagged up an issue with one of the downloads on the Tredosoft site, though not specifically this one. Thanks Alasdair

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Antivirus

albroun Guest

Default Re: Multiple IE Installer & Internet Explorer Monitoring User Activities Alert

a scan today picked up the following:
    not-a-virus:RemoteAdmin.Win32.WinVNC-based.c
    dont know if it is in anyway related to the above.

Default Re: Multiple IE Installer & Internet Explorer Monitoring User Activities Alert

IE needs to monitor your keystrokes for its autocomplete function.That's OK. ZA alerts just report the fact that software xxx is monitoring, it's up to you to decide if it's OK or not.

albroun Guest

Thanks for the reassurance.
    I think that it would help if ZA were not so alarmist and simply stated clearly what the real risks are! After a while one becomes blaise about the bombardment of programme alerts - e.g. every time I go to open a file with Open Office or print a document I get an alert which never goes away despite my ticking the dont alert me again box!
    I was worried about the IE alerts because they started up immediately after installing the multiple IE installer software and I had never seen them before.
    Al

Thread Information