Thread: All Cookies Are Enabled but Privacy Advisor Still Blocking Cookies

Hybrid View

skeezix Guest

Default All Cookies Are Enabled but Privacy Advisor Still Blocking Cookies

I installed XAMPP, an application that lets one have ones "own" server on one's computer for MySql
    testing purposes.
    Problem is when I have that installed and enabled, ZASS Privacy Advisor tells me, "Privacy has blocked cookies". When I click the link in that message, the top entry in the Privacy Site List is highlighted, but I have enabled all cookies.
    MOF, my default is to enable all cookies.
    I checked in my IE6 control and verified that it too is set to accept all cookies.
    I realize this might not be a ZASS problem, but perhaps somebody here can set me in the right direction? I believe if I can resolve this, it might also resolve
    a MySQL
    problem as well, because I get messages there that "Cookies must be enabled past this point"... (i.e. deep inside the database).

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

skeezix Guest

Default Re: All Cookies Are Enabled but Privacy Advisor Still Blocking Cookies

I think the problem lies within ZASS.If I shut ZASS down, then phpMyAdmin works correctly. If I restart ZASS, then phpMyAdmin does not work correctly. How can I help to resolve this problem? Remember, this problem only occurs when I access *** Link Edited out *** Please refer to Forum Guidelines http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...;message.id=18If I access phpmyadmin on a remote server, the problem does not exist.

Message Edited by GeorgeV on 10-23-2007 05:10 PM

Default Re: All Cookies Are Enabled but Privacy Advisor Still Blocking Cookies

Does it have rights for the Trusted Server? The localhost (127.0.0.1) is entered as trusted in the zones of the firewall?
    Does the browser involved and the application involved have the first two items checked in the Options (right click the program itself in the Program listing)? Do these have three green bars?
    The trusted security zone slider is set at medium?
    The program control slider set at training?

Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

Thread Information