Thread: "remember this setting" and "trust this app" both missing in action

wiiiindy Guest

Default "remember this setting" and "trust this app" both missing in action

Hi.
    I am always queried at startup about an app that changes the registry.

I trust the app but ZA does not give an opportunity to remember the setting nor to trust the app.
    It also does not show up in the trusted apps list (I have no idea how apps get in that list because there is only one in it!).

I have browsed and searched in this forum, looked through the ZA config screens, searched the ZA help file, and I can't figure out why some alerts ask about retaining the trust and some don't.
    Any guidance or help would be greatly appreciated!

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro

findley Guest

Default Re: "remember this setting" and "trust this app" both missing in action

Hi wiiiindy,

<blockquote><hr>wiiiindy wrote:
    Hi.
    I am always queried at startup about an app that changes the registry.

I trust the app but ZA does not give an opportunity to remember the setting nor to trust the app.
    It also does not show up in the trusted apps list (I have no idea how apps get in that list because there is only one in it!).

I have browsed and searched in this forum, looked through the ZA config screens, searched the ZA help file, and I can't figure out why some alerts ask about retaining the trust and some don't.
    Any guidance or help would be greatly appreciated!

Operating System:
    Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:
    Product Name:
    ZoneAlarm Pro

<hr></blockquote>
    What is the app?

Findley

wiiiindy Guest

The app is Startup Guru 1.3 (Lincoln Beach Software) but that is not the only app or action where I am seeing alerts without the option to trust the app or the action in the future.
    What I am wondering is what is the trigger that ZA is using to decide to offer that option or not??

findley Guest

wiiiindy,
    The trigger is your program control settings.
    Here is a link to a thread containing information on setting program controls
    http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...message.id=145
    Findley

wiiiindy Guest

Thanks but I have been down that road.
    StartupGuru does not appear in the program list.
    If I try to explicitly add it, when I click on the .exe for the program, nothing happens.
    It does not get added.

Thread Information