Thread: Zone Alarm Pro 7.0 crashes

neogenesis Guest

Default Zone Alarm Pro 7.0 crashes

Or rather more specifically, the TrueVector monitoring crashes leaving ZoneAlarm sitting idle on the task bar with a lovely little "X" icon telling me that internet security is down. The crash, however, is usually followed by a loss of internet access. If I am on an online game, it continues just fine until I exit the program (new programs will still be unable to access online features) at which point, online access is revoked.

The error, however, is a vague one. Yes, im afraid its a return of Windows' own "This program has performed an illegal operation", giving me the comical choice to send an error report. The initial error is followed by others, memory errors, where certain areas cannot be read or written to. Presumably this is a direct cause of the client being down, since no doubt other processes rely on it to be in working order, but I thought I would add it just in case there was something more sinister at work here.

Has anyone had similar issues? Were they resolved? How did you resolve them?
    Thanks for any information you can give me. This is driving me up the wall.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro

East Coast of Florida - Lightening/Shark Bite Capital of the World

Default Re: Zone Alarm Pro 7.0 crashes

Hi,

Welcome to the Forum!

I am very sorry that you are having issues with ZA and hopefully I will be able to help you find a solution.

PLEASE try the following, as this will bring the firewall back to the original settings.

I think is your Zone Alarm database has gotten corrupt and does not remember your Zones settings. Reset your database and see if that will fix it. Reset the database this way; you will lose your customizations and will need to reconfigure Zone Alarm.

MAKE SURE you remove ALL the backup.rdb and iamdb.rdb files.

Reset the database this way; you will lose your customizations and will need to reconfigure Zone Alarm.

1. Boot your computer into the Safe Mode.

2. Navigate to the c:\windows\internet logs folder.

3. Delete the backup.rdb and iamdb.rdb files in the folder.

4.Then empty the Recycle Bin.

5. Reboot into the normal mode.

How Do I Boot Into Safe Mode?

http://www.laplink.com/support/kb/article.asp?ID=102

PLEASE keep me posted on your results, THANKS.

SlyFox
    "Politeness costs nothing and gains everything".

Click here for ZA Support

Avail. 24x7 - Excl. Holiday

Thread Information