Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zone Alarm Interent Security 7.1.078

ferrisbeullier Guest

Default Zone Alarm Interent Security 7.1.078

Hi All,

Recently I have had some trouble with ZAISS (Vista) where the AV will not update even though it says it is updating. It is now always in the red. Any suggestions?.

Thanks

Default Re: Zone Alarm Interent Security 7.1.078

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>FerrisBeullier wrote:
    Hi All,

Recently I have had some trouble with ZAISS (Vista) where the AV will not update even though it says it is updating. It is now always in the red. Any suggestions?.

Thanks
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Welcome to the Zone Alarm User Forum..In frequent AV Updates with ZASS 7.1.078.000 is a known problem, since that is the First release of ZASS for Vista..I have two suggestions.. 1.) Upgrade to the New BETA TEST ZASS 7.1.218.000 For 32-Bit Vista.. from www.zonealarm.com/betaWarning.. This is a BETA with a 60 day Limited Beta License Key , and BETA may include New Bug Fixes as well as the possibility of un-discovered Bugs..2.) to temporarily fix the AV Update problem with ZASS 7.1.078.000 for Vista, Shut down ZASS and DELETE all the files in the Zonelabs\Updates directory and, restart ZASS and Click on the "UPDATE NOW" button in AV/AS Section..you can find the UPDATES sub Dir at: Computers\C:\windows\system32\ZoneLabs\Updates---------------------------------------
    My Vista Configuration:

ZoneAlarm Security Suite Beta version:7.1.218.000
    TrueVector version:7.1.218.000
    Driver version:7.1.218.000
    Anti-virus engine version:3
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:931487858
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.188.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200712.2955
    AntiSpam version:5.0.0.8843

Operating System: Windows Vista Home Premium
    Software Version: 7.1.218.000 (Vista)
    Product Name: ZoneAlarm Pro Beta
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

ferrisbeullier Guest

GeorgeV,

Thanks for your advice. I took option 2 and it has not made any difference, it still fails to update and stays in the red. I did follow your instructions and went to the updates folder and deleted all files, after I shut down ZA.

I don't really want to uninstall and get a beta version for 60days, considering I have paid for the full version, that kinda defeats the purpose of paying for the genuine product.

To tell you the truth I am very disappointed in this product now, I had the choice of getting this or KAV Internet Security and went with ZA. Why sell a product that is still basically in beta, I could get a 'free' beta with a lot of other products.

I still have the option of uninstalling and then re-installing but I am sure there would be some files that remain after 'normal' uninstall that would probably effect the re-install.

I also fail to understand why this product would still be a 'beta' type considering Vista has been around for a while now and companies had pre-warning of vista being released so that they could begin to develop a compatible product. Lots of other companies have?. I know programs sometimes 'misbehave' for one reason or another but surely not as much as this.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Signed,
    Frustrated and fed up

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>FerrisBeullier wrote:
    GeorgeV,

Thanks for your advice. I took option 2 and it has not made any difference, it still fails to update and stays in the red. I did follow your instructions and went to the updates folder and deleted all files, after I shut down ZA.

I don't really want to uninstall and get a beta version for 60days, considering I have paid for the full version, that kinda defeats the purpose of paying for the genuine product.

To tell you the truth I am very disappointed in this product now, I had the choice of getting this or KAV Internet Security and went with ZA. Why sell a product that is still basically in beta, I could get a 'free' beta with a lot of other products.

I still have the option of uninstalling and then re-installing but I am sure there would be some files that remain after 'normal' uninstall that would probably effect the re-install.

I also fail to understand why this product would still be a 'beta' type considering Vista has been around for a while now and companies had pre-warning of vista being released so that they could begin to develop a compatible product. Lots of other companies have?. I know programs sometimes 'misbehave' for one reason or another but surely not as much as this.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Signed,
    Frustrated and fed up
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Thank your for your Feedback..As I explained in my first response.. the ZASS 7.1.078.000 for Vista has several known problems that you have to live with..quite a few have been corrected in the Current Beta..As for a Comparison with KISS (Kaspersky Internet Security Suite 7) I just competed a 60 day Trial of KISS7 on one of myother Computers that has Vista Home Premium..The short Answer.. I like Kaspersky Anti-Virus, and KISS7 worked well for two months, But I was very disappointed in the Lack of Configuration in the KISS7 Firewall,IMHO, the Kaspersky Firewall is not as Robust or User Friendly as the Zone Alarm Firewall.. I have used the Kaspersky Removal tool on that Computer after the 60 trial expired, and have Installed the New Zone Alarm Pro 7.1.218.000 BETA for Vista on that computer and mated it up with AVG. 7.5 Anti-Virus
    As always, Your Milage may vary..---------------------------------------
    My Vista Configuration:

ZoneAlarm Security Suite Beta version:7.1.218.000
    TrueVector version:7.1.218.000
    Driver version:7.1.218.000
    Anti-virus engine version:3
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:931557396
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.188.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200712.2965
    AntiSpam version:5.0.0.8843
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Operating System: Windows Vista Home Premium
    Software Version: 7.1.218.000 (Vista)
    Product Name: ZoneAlarm Pro Beta
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

ferrisbeullier Guest

I appreciate your comments and do understand what you are saying, but and there is always a but, what can I do in the mean time to ensure my AV/Spyware scanner is up to date and providing protection?. It is always good and well to say there are problems and we have to live with them but that does not help me.

Is there anything else short of installing a 'beta' program that only lasts 60 days?. Surely having paid for a program you should get what you pay for.

Thanks for the replies.

East Coast of Florida - Lightening/Shark Bite Capital of the World

Hi,Welcome to the Forum!May I add to this discussion, PLEASE?I did not see anything in your posts on what type of internet connection you are using, either broadband or dial-up? The reason I am asking you, I have a possible solution if you are on a dial-up connection. PLEASE post back and let me know, THANKS.SlyFox
    "Politeness costs nothing and gains everything".

Avail. 24x7 - Excl. Holiday

7. ferrisbeullier Guest

Slyfox,

Thanks for your interest I appreciate any suggestions. Unfortunately (or more fortunately)I do have ADSL broadband on a 1.5mb connection. Prior to deleting all the files in theh update folder the AV was not updating, now both the AV and Antispyware don't update. I press the update radio button and it states it is updating, everything slows down but then it just all remains in the red.

East Coast of Florida - Lightening/Shark Bite Capital of the World

Hi,Well, would you be interested in trying that solution? I see no reason how it could do anything wrong by at least trying the procedure. Who knows it may work. Here it is, if you are interested.1. Run ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

2. Open Anti-virus/Anti-spyware -&gt; Main panel

3. Set Anti-virus = Off

4. Click on [Advanced Options] button

5. Select Updates to the left

6. Uncheck Enable automatic anti-virus updates

7. Click on [Ok] button

8. Click on [Update Now] button on the Anti-virus/Anti-spyware -&gt; Main panelSlyFox
    "Politeness costs nothing and gains everything".

Avail. 24x7 - Excl. Holiday

9. ferrisbeullier Guest

Slyfox,

Thanks for helping out. I tried what you suggested a few times but same problem persists. I thought it was going to work but for a while but as usual got my hopes up to high. I can only think of uninstalling. Can you advise me how to completely uninstall the program, unless you can suggest anything eles. I will re-install and see if this helps. Thanks again.

lazycat Guest

I encountered the same problem and resolved it as follows:

* If you wish to keep your settings, create a Backup from Overview - &gt; Preferences before starting, and then Restore afterwards (available in ZoneAlarm Premium products only).
    * Click on Start -&gt; Programs -&gt; Zone Labs
    * RIGHT-click on Uninstall Zone Labs Security, then select Properties
    * Under Target you will see the following line (the actual drive may be different on your system):
    &quot;C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zauninstexe&quot;

* Change it to:
    &quot;C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zauninst.exe&quot; /clean /rmlicense
    (add a space and then the /clean /rmlicense)

* Click OK to save the new command line.
    * Click on Start -&gt; Programs -&gt; Zone Labs -&gt; Uninstall Zone Labs Security
    * Click OK to run the uninstaller, and OK any security alerts that pop up.
    * say &quot;Yes when being prompted for the removal of all files and allow TrueVector to shut down.
    * Reboot
    * After rebooting, check for the following folders, and delete them if you find them:
    &quot;Internet Logs&quot;
    &quot;Zone Labs&quot; (under your Program Files folder)
    &quot;Zonelabs&quot; (under your Windows System32 folder)

* Empty your recycle bin
    * Reboot
    * install the latest version if you are reinstalling

Hope it helps!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information