Thread: Error Message

ferrisbeullier Guest

Default Error Message

Firstly I would like to say what a great product I have found ZAISS to be. I have always liked Zone Alarm firewalls and KAV is a great AV. To have both in the same product is what I have wanted.

I am currently using ZAISS 7.1.078.000 for Windows Vista Home Premium on a P4 3.2 wiht 1 gig of ram.

I only have two problems with ZA

Firstly - When ZA is updating it would appear that it is using close to 100% CPU resources as when I attempt to run any other program it slows to a crawl.

Secondly - I recently noticed that the AV in the suite was stating the definitions were outdated, also confirmed in security centre for Vista. When I run an update it appears to work but the 'definitions' stay in the 'red' and still say they need updating. I have tried updating a number of times and rebooted, shutdown etc but it always starts up and then updates but still says my definitions are outdated. Is there fix for this without uninstalling and re-installing as that is always a pain in the rear just to fix a 'glitch'.

BTW the error message I get is 'Zlclient.exe - Application error 0x0000000'

Thanks

Operating System:Windows Vista Home Premium
    Software Version:7.1 (Vista)
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: Error Message

to the Zone Alarm User Forum..
    ZASS for Vista 7.1.078.000 is the First Release of the Vista version..a new Beta Cycle to fix all kown Bugs is in the Planing stage now.. No ETA yet but soon..Please Send your Problem Report to Zone Alarm Tech Support so they can use your information to improve ZASS for Vista,,www.zonealarm.com/tsformPlease post back and let us know what you find out..---------------------------------------
    My Vista Configuration:

ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:7.1.078.000
    TrueVector version:7.1.078.000
    Driver version:7.1.078.000
    Anti-virus engine version:3
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:2007112712001
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.162.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200711.2925
    AntiSpam version:5.0.0.8843
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

ferrisbeullier Guest

Thank you for telling me about the fix for beta but that still does not answer my question about what I can do to have the AV scanner update with current definitions. Any suggestions?.

TY

ferrisbeullier Guest

Can anyone tell me what to do here. Rebooting, shutting down and running updates etc has still not fixed the problem. I really don't want to uninstall and reinstall.

Help

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>FerrisBeullier wrote:
    Can anyone tell me what to do here. Rebooting, shutting down and running updates etc has still not fixed the problem. I really don't want to uninstall and reinstall.

Help
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Thank your for your Feedback..As I explained inyour other trend.. the ZASS 7.1.078.000 for Vista has several known problems that you have to live with.. quite a few have been corrected in the Current Beta..As for a Comparison with KISS (Kaspersky Internet Security Suite 7) I just competed a 60 day Trial of KISS7 on one of myother Computers that has Vista Home Premium..The short Answer.. I like Kaspersky Anti-Virus, and KISS7 worked well for two months, But I was very disappointed in the Lack of Configuration in the KISS7 Firewall,IMHO, the Kaspersky Firewall is not as Robust or User Friendly as the Zone Alarm Firewall.. I have used the Kaspersky Removal tool on that Computer after the 60 trial expired, and have Installed the New Zone Alarm Pro 7.1.218.000 BETA for Vista on that computer and mated it up with AVG. 7.5 Anti-Virus
    As always, Your Milage may vary..---------------------------------------
    My Vista Configuration:

ZoneAlarm Security Suite Beta version:7.1.218.000
    TrueVector version:7.1.218.000
    Driver version:7.1.218.000
    Anti-virus engine version:3
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:931557396
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.188.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200712.2965
    AntiSpam version:5.0.0.8843
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Operating System: Windows Vista Home Premium