Thread: ZA alert preventing virus scan

minoan Guest

Default ZA alert preventing virus scan

When I click on Scan for Viruses I have just started getting the following alert. C:\Windows\System32\ZoneLabs\avsys\ScanningProcess .exe (ScanningProccess.exe) event=0 subevet=0 class=1 ("system," "", "",)

It does not make any difference whether I click accept or deny or whether I check the box to apply my choice every time, the alert just keeps coming back and I have to abort the scan. I have reinstalled 760.460.02 over the top of the original installation and then, as I had downloaded it with Firefox and I just read on the forum that I should only use IE, I downloaded it again using IE and reinstalled it over the top of the previous installation, but the problem doesn't go away.

I have also been getting the LSA shell alert for some time as well.

Would it help to completely untinstall ZA Security Suite? If I do, what do I do about the license code?

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

findley Guest

Default Re: ZA alert preventing virus scan

<blockquote><hr>minoan wrote:
    When I click on Scan for Viruses I have just started getting the following alert. C:\Windows\System32\ZoneLabs\avsys\ScanningProcess .exe (ScanningProccess.exe) event=0 subevet=0 class=1 (&quot;system,&quot; &quot;&quot;, &quot;&quot;,)

It does not make any difference whether I click accept or deny or whether I check the box to apply my choice every time, the alert just keeps coming back and I have to abort the scan. I have reinstalled 760.460.02 over the top of the original installation and then, as I had downloaded it with Firefox and I just read on the forum that I should only use IE, I downloaded it again using IE and reinstalled it over the top of the previous installation, but the problem doesn't go away.

I have also been getting the LSA shell alert for some time as well.

Would it help to completely untinstall ZA Security Suite? If I do, what do I do about the license code?

Operating System:
    Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:
    Product Name:
    ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

<hr></blockquote>Sounds like a corrupted installation - yes, you would be better off doing a clean uninstall. Your question &quot;If I do, what do I do about the license code?&quot; not sure what you are asking.
    Write down on paper your license key, or copy to a computer file or if you bought a retail box its on the
    sleeve of the disk.
    Hope this helps you and post back your results.Regards,Findley

jdoliver Guest

There is a thread on this at http://forums.zonealarm.org/zonelabs...ssage.id=25506
    One user said uninstalling and reinstalling fixed the problem. Your license key will still be valid but you will have to reenter it.

mordipa Guest

Just upgraded to the
    latest version
    and
    experiencing the same problem.
    The scan is blocked by these constant alerts. Seems to be a definite problem here with this version.

Thread Information