Thread: Synaptics touchpad device alert

Hybrid View

technu Guest

Default Synaptics touchpad device alert

I am using ZoneAlarm Antivirus. Several times I have received a message alert that the Synaptics Touchpad Enhancement is trying to control something. That message freezes everything and I can't even get the mouse to move. I have had to buy an external USB mouse so I can turn the machine off. When I clicked on more info, the ZA website said this could be malicious. What do I do?

Operating System:Windows Vista Home Premium
    Software Version:7.1 (Vista)
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Antivirus

East Coast of Florida - Lightening/Shark Bite Capital of the World

Default Re: Synaptics touchpad device alert

Hi,

Welcome to the Forum!

May I suggest the following, PLEASE?

PLEASE go to the following site and have them run a FREE online scan for any type of bugs that may or may not be hiding in your computer. If You have anything NASTY installed on your computer this site will find it and remove it for you, unless it is something that they can not fix, but let's hope that is not the case here.

Free Spyware Removal & Virus Removal

Got infected?

Get free virus removal, including spyware removal. ESET provides this free virus cleaner as a public service to customers of Symantec, McAfee, Trend Micro, and other antivirus vendors. If you were running one of these products and were infected by a virus or spyware, we can help you with this free virus cleaner.

Note: ESET customers running NOD32 do not need these, since protection is already built into the product.

http://www.eset.com/download/free-virus-remover.php

PLEASE keep me posted on your results, THANKS.

SlyFox
    "Politeness costs nothing and gains everything".

Click here for ZA Support

Avail. 24x7 - Excl. Holiday

loveyouforever Guest

Default Re: Synaptics touchpad device alert

Hi SlyFox,

Sorry for reading this post in the forum after a long time, I've been very busy - customers, customers, customers...

May I enter the thread, please?

Hi Technu,

The Synaptics touchpad device driver is necessary for using input devices like mice but also touchpads, so it's no virus at all.

I'd suggest to check the latest beta of ZoneAlarm Antivirus, the overall improved version 7.1.218.000. Get it right here:

http://download.zonelabs.com/bin/fre...vistabeta.html

Please send us your feedback whether the problem disappeared or not, sharing your knowledge with the ZoneAlarm community. Thank you very much!

Regards,

loveyouforever

Message Edited by loveyouforever on 12-08-2007 12:44 AM

Message Edited by loveyouforever on 12-08-2007 01:04 AM

Thread Information