Thread: Error 6016

jduke Guest

Default Error 6016

Sorry for the double post.

I'm having problems communicating with a new printer, an HP Photosmart C7160. We have a small home wireless network with two PCs, both running ZoneAlarm firewall and virus protection. One box, the one running MS Windows XP talks to the printer just fine. The other, running MS Vista, doesn't. Documents are sent to the printer queue but stay there. They can't be deleted from the queue, nor will they print. Until, that is, the machine is rebooted. Then they print as the restart occurs.

I've tried disabling ZoneAlarm, but the symptoms remain the same.

ZoneAlarm is reporting a R6016 error - "not enough space for thread data" from the MS Visual C++ library.

It is over my head. Does anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks

Jim D

Operating System:Windows Vista Home Basic
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

naivemelody Guest

Default Re: Error 6016

With a simple google search, found this from Microsoft support >
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/126709
    . this is beyond me. It may be best to email/ phone Microsoft support on how to resolve it - in simplier terms. It is in your Microsoft operating system, not ZA's - that appears to be the issue.<hr>In the early monthes of Vista's release - there were a number of software/ drivers problems from many common companies - the software/ and/or drivers of new printers and alike - where they were labeled as Vista ready - but weren't (really). I don't know if that's the issue here, just a thought - there are a number of early Vista users who have had similar issues with supposedly Vista ready products.<hr>You can also post a thread in Microsoft support forums/ news groups and see if there are any insights/ resolutions or if your lucky, one the experts can provide a good solution. Another good idea - call toll free to HP support - on their HP printer.<hr>:8}NaiveMelody NYC 12-29-07 - Unwritten - Natasha Bedingfield

jduke Guest

Default Re: Error 6016

Thanks for the suggestions. Had already had several eMail conversations with HP support. They were helpful, but were unable to resolve the issue. I finally got the printer connection to work by installing a different, but compatible driver. I've asked HP if using the different driver will result in less capability in the all-in-one device, but they haven't responded.

MS Vista really has me irritated. Reports from a lot of other people made me shy away from it, but purchase of a new laptop forced me to accept it. You can't buy a new PC without Vista!

Thanks again.

Jim Duke

Thread Information