Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ACCESS DENIED

robertcathles Guest

Default Re: ACCESS DENIED

Okay, thanks for the tip, increasing the "State" (Allow/Block) on those options (Change.../Install... etc.) should provide better protection.

I think the original reason I turned the OS Firewall off was that I was having the same problem - too high security was locking out parts of the system, but turning it off all the way does the same :O

I might try "Ask" or "Use Program Setting" and hopefully registry edits will still be permitted. ZA seems to be very sensitive in this area I think. lol.

Thanks a lot for your help anyway, I hope anybody else who has this problem has found this solution

robertcathles Guest

Although I haven't tried that I assume it would work.

I mean, even if I turned off the protection, Java would still not install to IE :O
    I would have thought it logical that if you turn off ZA all protection is disabled 8)

You might be right about the Java installation rules, not sure if I checked those.

What I really mean is that it seems, with full protection, when you install JRE6-U4, ZA blocks it from editing IE (and/or its registry entries).
    If you turn off ZA while installing Java, it works fine.
    Learning Mode may or may not work, I assume it would (it has before in some other cases).
    But if all you are doing when installing Java is installing Java, you might as well turn off the protection completely if need be.

I think I also resorted to the offline installer as well, just a note to anyone who has the same problem.

All my probs are solved now anyway. I'll be back... one day.

Cheers for the support, Oldsod

It would not be so much the java meshing with the IE, but the java installing an activeX, being allowed in the startup and runs and creating certain registry keys that would be protected by the ZA OSFirewall.

Best regards robertcathles.
    Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

robertcathles Guest

Oh yes of course! Java is installing the ActiveX, and the startup entries etc. I never thought about that. When Java is installing the "Applet" (as it calls it in its control panel), it really means the ActiveX. And ZA of course, has protection for ActiveX controls. Lol.

My bad.

Thanks for the info and advice Oldsod, I really, really, really, appreciate the help you've given me
    Best regards, Robert.

Best regards to you robertcathles.
    Cheers, Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information