Thread: ScanningProcess.exe conflict with Firewall and loss of Antivirus protection

geezerc Guest

Default ScanningProcess.exe conflict with Firewall and loss of Antivirus protection

get an endless number of the exact same alert dialogs.
    --------------
    ZoneAlarm Security Alert
    High

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\Zonelabs\avsys\ScanningProcess .exe
    (ScanningProcess.exe) event=0 subevent=0 class=1
    ("C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ZONELABS\vsmon.exe&quot ;,"","" )

Application: ScanningProcess.exe
    --------------

I am running the Security Suite version 7.0.462.000 and everything (firewall, virus, spyware, Windows XP) is up to date.
    I have reset to original settings, closed all my other antivirus applications i.e, Windows defender and AVG and restarted Zone Alarm suite.The system advised me that I did not have anti virus protection and I clicked in the box to request the use of Zone Alarm anti virus, but when I checked the status it states Anti Virus is turned off and I can not find a way to turn it back on.
    Can Anyone help please ?

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: ScanningProcess.exe conflict with Firewall and loss of Antivirus protection

Hi!you probably need to completely remove ZASS. Use the clean and rmlicense switch (take note of your license)Follow closely the instruction here: http://www2.nohold.net/noHoldCust542...n_install.htmlYou cannnot run two antivirus or two firewall at the same time. Please remove AVG. They may look they work OK but conflicts will happen behind the scene.ZASS 7 and the Kaspersky antivirus is very sentitive to other security tools. So I am not suprised that scanningprocess (part of ZA antivirus engine) is going crazy.Once you have removed ZASS (double check that the folders mentioned in the document above are not on your system) and AVG please clean your system and registry with ccleaner (http://www.ccleaner.com/download/bui...wnloading-slim)To reinstall ZASS see here:http://www2.nohold.net/noHoldCust542...structZAP.htmlCheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

geezerc Guest

Default Re: ScanningProcess.exe conflict with Firewall and loss of Antivirus protection

Thank you for the very clear instructions.
    I do like the registry cleaner software especially as it is free.
    Many Thanks

You're welcome!

Cheers,
    Fax

bizuser Guest

I'm having the exact same problem and it is driving me nuts!Since around January every time I boot my Vista PC I have to manually 'Allow' ZoneLabs own mantispm.exe process.Now today - after 2 hours of working - I have to react on millions of these ScanningProcess.exe messages. It also happens every time the ZA anti-virus runs - forcing me to 'Allow' the ScanningProcess.exe for EVERY SINGLE FILE being scanned.This is making the anti-virus pretty useless...!
    I'm using ZASS 7.1.248 but it also happened with the previous version (ZASS 7.1.078).I'm not running any other anti-virus program
    (and never has).
    What's happening??? HELP!!!
    My XP Pro machine has no problems.

Message Edited by BizUser on 02-18-2008 01:39 PM

Message Edited by BizUser on 02-18-2008 01:40 PM

Hi!please reset your ZA settings and do not restore any previous backup settings. This way:1.) Hold down the Ctrl and Shift keys together
    2.) Right click on the ZA icon near your clock
    3.) Choose 'Reset' from the box that comes up
    4.) Choose Yes on the Reset Settings dialog box
    5.) When prompted, choose OK to restart your system
    6.) Follow the on screen configuration prompts after rebootCheers,Fax

bizuser Guest

Good Heavens! It seems to work (I'm virus scanning right now without problems).
    You're an angel :-)I'll renew my 3 PC subscription after all then...
    Is this something I have to do regularly?

Hi!
    no it is not something you have to do regularly.
    In many years of use of ZA it happen to me only once.

ZA database may get corrupted if:

- Your PC hangs/crash recently
    - You forced a shutdown or reboot (cold shutdown/reboot)
    - You are/were infected by malware
    - You are running tools, such as other security tools or registry optimization tools that have corrupted or impaired the scanning engine or ZA activity.

Please follow these golden rules:
    1. Never run 2 firewalls at the same time
    2. Never run 2 antivirus at the same time
    3. Try to keep your ZASS at defaults or if you customize ZASS do it carefully.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
    Fax

Thread Information