Thread: No Logs

Hybrid View

jabadu_fred Guest

Default No Logs

I got Zonealarm Security Suite 7.0
    I set the logging to high and in custom setting, i enabled all ,but there are no logs.
    If anyone scans my ports, there is way to see it.

Default Re: No Logs

<blockquote><hr>jabadu-fred wrote:
    I got Zonealarm Security Suite 7.0
    I set the logging to high and in custom setting, i enabled all ,but there are no logs.
    If anyone scans my ports, there is way to see it.
    <hr></blockquote>
    No logs in which area of the drop down in the Log Viewer? No intrusions recorded could mean you have a router or modem with NAT infront of the PC. Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

trainfan Guest

I am also having the problem that nothing is logging. Not even the normal Virus updates. This has now happened to be several times with ZoneAlarm Suite V7.0.462.000. Each time I've completely removed the program using the &quot;Clean Install&quot; instructions and reinstalled the product. That gets the logs going for a few days. I've set the rotation to 7 days. It seems that after the first rotation, all the new logs have just the header information and nothing else. So my log has just:

ZoneAlarm Logging Client v7.0.462.000
    Windows XP-5.1.2600-Service Pack 2-SMP
    type,date,time,source,destination,transport (Security)
    type,date,time,virus name,file name,mode,e-mail id (Anti-Virus)
    type,date,time,source,destination,action,service (IM Security)
    type,date,time,source,destination,program,action (Malicious Code Protection)
    type,date,time,action,product,file,event,subevent, class,data,data,... (OSFirewall)
    type,date,time,name,type,mode (Anti-Spyware)

in it, despite the fact that it should have many lines in to. My previous weeks log has 108+Kb of data. Any ideas how I can fix this. It's very frustrating.

- TrainFan

rckung Guest

I have using ZoneAlarm for many years.I had similar problem several times.Last time I got help from ZoneLab. tech.They suggested my to re-install the newest version ZoneAlarm.It worked.I can see a lot of entries in the log file since reinstall at January 9, 2008.Until May 20, 2008, it suddenly stopped again.The pop up alert window works fine, but no log anymore.I just found it yesterday.I did some study to find out why.I found one thing.I ran MSCONFIG to disabled several system services at that time.After that, the log files became empty.I will try to re-enable those services one by one to see if it will work....

Thread Information