Thread: Vista Ultimate 64 bit

stumper Guest

Default Vista Ultimate 64 bit

Does anyone know if there is a way to make ZA compatible with 64 bit vista?
    I tried the newest version listed and it says its incompatible with 64.
    Or maybe does anyone know when a compatible version will be coming out?
    Thanks.
    By the way, I'm new visiting here and was happy to find the dedication I've been seeing in the post.

Operating System:Windows Vista Ultimate
    Software Version:7.1 (Vista)
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

naivemelody Guest

Default Re: Vista Ultimate 64 bit

Unfortunately ZA does not support 64 bit Vista OS currently. ZA Vista 64 is a 'if' or "when" = undetermined ?? When the time comes, there would be a 'beta' offering in this ZoneAlarm Public Beta Forum

- and you are welcome to try and test.
    <hr>7.1 wil be exclusive to Vista only. {32 bit Vista OS - only
    ;
    you can use with 64 bit Memory Processors (AMD 64 bit, etc.) , but the Vista OS (OperatingSystem)
    should still be 32 bit - only
    }<hr>http://forums.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/...ssage.id=73617<hr>I've heard Ultimate Vista - sometimes gives you the option to use the 32 bit OS or the 64 bit OS - by providing two discs - to choose from. I don't know your situation. If you were provided with a 32 bit OS disc and you are &quot;truely enthused&quot; to install ZA, then you may contemplate such a change.<hr>NaiveMelody NYC 2-14-08 - O-O-H Child - The Five Stairsteps

Message Edited by NaiveMelody on 03-31-2008 08:20 PM

Message Edited by NaiveMelody on 03-31-2008 08:20 PM

stumper Guest

Default Re: Vista Ultimate 64 bit

Thanks for the reply.
    At this point in time. I am far from impressed with the Vista 64 bit. I think it would be easier to list what is compatible than what is not. seems most things are not. I think Microsoft made a big error with this system in that, they sort of put the cart in front of the horse, If other software manufactures had been in the know of what was coming. maybe they could have been better prepared. then I think it would be a great system. but, since the system don't seem to get along with any other manufactures software other than Microsoft or a couple other giants. the OS really in my opinion stinks.
    Anyway, thanks for your help and I think its time for a redo back to either 32 bit or maybe even back to XP.

And yes......I am that stuck on ZA. Very impressed with the level of protection and performance.

Thread Information