Thread: ZAPRO True Vector Error Message

Hybrid View

nehani Guest

Default ZAPRO True Vector Error Message

I apologize for my previous post--I was unaware of protocol.I'm sorry but I didn't write down the version of ZAPRO I was using. I used the ZAPRO uninstaller off the start menu. I thought I couldgo look for "recently uninstalled software", but it's truly gone I guess. The only thing we got from TWC were changes to our TVchannels. I am using a cable modem but I couldn't tell you if it had an integrated router. All the box says is RCA Digital Broadband.Sorry---I'm just not real "nerdy". I know enough to be dangerous.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro

watcher Guest

Default Re: ZAPRO True Vector Error Message

Dear nehani:

Now that you uninstalled ZAPRO, please follow these instructions.

Check and delete any remaining files/folders found in these locations and the folder itself:

C:\Program Files\Zone Labs(default install location, may be in custom install folder if you chose that during installation)

C:\WINDOWS\Internet Logs

C:\WINDOWS\system32\Zone Labs

In the Registry, delete these entries:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Zone Labs-delete this subkey

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run-find the entry in the right pane called, ZoneAlarm Client, and delete it.

If you don't find all of these, that's a good thing. It means that whatever operation you performed removed them already. Now reboot and try to reinstall ZAPRO. The link to ZAPRO is here:

http://www.zonealarm.com/store/conte...comparison.jsp

Download it again just to rule out the possibility that the previous ZAPRO download was corrupt. Don't use any download accelerators or P2P file sharing programs to do this. I hope you have your license key handy as you will need that to reinstall.

Please post your results.

WATCHER

Message Edited by WATCHER on 02-16-2008 11:36 PM

Thread Information