Thread: keyboard lockup

vsharris Guest

Default keyboard lockup

Recently purchased/installed: ZASS 7.0, Win XP (SP 2).

I use KeePass to store my passwords. It will auto-fill a web form via hot-key. ZA intercepts this attempt and pops up a red alert ("program trying to control keyboard input&quot. All I need to do is click "allow", but I cannot because my keyboard and mouse are locked!

I solved the immediate problem by setting the trust level for KeePass to "Super" (in the Program Control tab). But why did my keyboard and mouse become locked? I don't want to have to reboot every time this happens (and I have a less experienced user who definitely will not be happy if her kbd locks up). Is there a config point I need to set? Is it a Windows problem?

TIA

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: keyboard lockup

When installing a new program or opening an old program (which has not been used for a long time), set the Program Control slider to medium or learning. Then the ZA would be trained and issues like this will be avoided.

The ZA has antikeylogger features and I suppose the KeePass butted with the ZA. And the keyboard and mouse antikeylogger of the ZA fought well.The antikeylogger of the ZA will lock the board and mouse and prevent any possible keylogger threat from continuing or doing any damage.

Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

vsharris Guest

Thanks Oldsod. I eventually figured out how to solve the problem (in fact, I ended up removing *ALL* entries from the Program Control -> Programs list and set the slider to "Auto&quot. My gripe is that ZA should do better than to pop up an alert when it is blocking kbd and mouse input. But, as you say, if the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing, ...

Thanks again.

- S

You are welcome, vsharris.
    Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

Thread Information