Thread: Windows Security Alert states that Zonelabs AV & Firewall is turned off

jac2 Guest

Default Windows Security Alert states that Zonelabs AV & Firewall is turned off

But ZA says they are both working and "Anti-virus is on" "All systems are go". The shield appeared after the latest critical update to ZA (on release: 7.0.470.000).

Is this a known or something new?

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: Windows Security Alert states that Zonelabs AV & Firewall is turned off

Hi!
    try this:

1. Uncheck "Load ZA at startup" (overview --> preferences)
    2. Reboot your system
    3. Turn ON windows firewall (not ZA); double check that now XP firewall is reported ON
    4. Now turn ON ZA firewall (manually from the start menu --> Programs --> ZoneAlarm security...) and check back "Load ZA at startup"

Cheers,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

grisen Guest

Default Re: Windows Security Alert states that Zonelabs AV & Firewall is turned off

<blockquote><hr>fax wrote:
    Hi!
    try this:

1. Uncheck &quot;Load ZA at startup&quot; (overview --&gt; preferences)
    2. Reboot your system
    3. Turn ON windows firewall (not ZA); double check that now XP firewall is reported ON
    4. Now turn ON ZA firewall (manually from the start menu --&gt; Programs --&gt; ZoneAlarm security...) and check back &quot;Load ZA at startup&quot;

Cheers,
    Fax
    <hr></blockquote>

THAT WORKS, THANKS. BUT IT'S A LOT OF WORK TO GO THROUGH FOR SOMETHING THAT IS BUILT TO RUN NATIVELY ON THIS OS. I'M A LOCAL INDEPENDENT TECH WORKING FOR BUSINESSES AND INDIVIDUALS. THIS IS TWO FOR TWO (1 UPGRADE AND 1 NEW INSTALL) OF THE NEW Z.A. RELEASE FOR WIN2000 / XP THAT ARE BEHAVING THIS WAY. ONE MACHINE IS USING AVG FREE AND THE OTHER **bleep** FREE. SOMETHING'S NOT RIGHT HERE-- RESPECTFULLY. AND IT DOESN'T CREATE CONFIDENCE IN MY CUSTOMERS WHEN I INSTALL ZA AND THEY GET A RED WARNING SHIELD AND A WARNING MESSAGE BUBBLE IN THE SYSTRAY THAT THEY'VE NEVER SEEN BEFORE.

THANKS FOR GIVING THIS YOUR ATTENTION. IT AFFECTS THE Z.A. BRAND IMAGE, ESPECIALLY FOR NEW INSTALLS.

grisen Guest

MY POST CAME OUT AS * BLEEP * FREE. WHAT I WROTE WAS A V A S T FREE.

Hi!
    no problem here on MS security center... its a very common glitch with the OS, just search with google and you will see that most AV companies are struggling with MS WSC to report about them...

Please do not cheat on forum filter, they have been implemented due to abuse by posters. And messages may be removed by moderators.
    Knowing which brand of the antivirus you are using is not an issue here.

By the way, this forum is not monitored by ZA staff, we are all users.
    You can contact free of charge the ZA technical support at: www.zonelabs.com/tsform

I am closing this thread since the issue is resolved.
    Please do not hesitate to open a new thread if you have any further issue with ZA.

Cheers,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information