Thread: Incessant Security Pop Up

scole Guest

Default Incessant Security Pop Up

I'm trying to install a new printer, and the darn pop up keeps asking me whether to Allow. I keep checking allow, but have gotten so frustrated that I finally turned Zone Alarm off. Which kind of defeats the purpose. I went to where you click and get all of those Green Checkmarks, but I have an HP laptop, my ex- printer was an HP and the new one I'm trying to load is an HP. I'm so irritated, that I'm considering uninstalling Zone Alert altogether. I paid good money for this program but I'm at the end of my patience. Any good ideas?

Sherry

Operating System:Windows Vista Home Premium
    Software Version:7.1 (Vista)
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: Incessant Security Pop Up

Hi!two possible problems..1st) You do not tick on "remember this..." before pushing on 'Allow'.2nd) You ZA settings are corrupted and ZA do not save your decisions from one boot to another.If it is a problem of corruption of settings you can try to reset the ZA databases, this way:1.) Hold down the Ctrl and Shift keys together
    2.) Right click on the ZA icon near your clock
    3.) Choose 'Reset' from the box that comes up
    4.) Choose Yes on the Reset Settings dialog box
    5.) When prompted, choose OK to restart your system
    6.) Follow the on screen configuration prompts after rebootZA databases can be corrupted if:- your system has crashed or hang recently- you have done a cold shutdown (improper shutdown)- you are infected by malware- you are running a software that conflicts with ZA (commonly other security tools or tools accessing on memory/HD)Also double check that you are on the latest version ZA 7.1. If not, please update.Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information