Thread: ZA Security Alert Remember Chk-Box appears sporadically

Hybrid View

tjdarth Guest

Default ZA Security Alert Remember Chk-Box appears sporadically

Hey guys, I am using ZAProSS 7.0.470 on Win XP-SP2 and I have noticed lately that when I am installing software and the 'Security Alert Message' ask for permission, to allow th msiexe.exc to modify a ton of registry entries, the Remember this Setting Check-Box does not appear!? I had a good exercise when I attempted to install VS2005 on my machine and everything went smoothly until the install appl. (msiexec.exc) asked to be allowed changes to the registry. Usually I get one or two at the most of this "Suspicious Alerts' notice
    along with
    the "Remember this setting box"
    and I am allowed to set that check-box. The only thing that I update on a regular basis is the AntiVirus and AntiSpyware pieces of this product. If there is someone else that has run into similar problems, please share the solution with me.
    Current ZASS version: 7.0.470.000TrueVector engine: "Same as above"Driver version: "Same as above"Anti-virus vers: 3, DAt file vers:949298211Anti-spyware Vers: 5.0.188.0, Dat file vers: 01.200804, 3805Anti-Spam vers: 5.0.6.8903
    Thanks in advance . . .Tom J

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro

jackrabbit Guest

Default Re: ZA Security Alert Remember Chk-Box appears sporadically

Hi Tom for what it is worth, I have the same problem. See above posting
    "won't remember settings". There is no box to check remember settings with me either. I emailed tech support and they do not seem to know what I am talking about.
    jackrabbit

tjdarth Guest

Default Re: ZA Security Alert Remember Chk-Box appears sporadically

Thanks jackrabbit. This sounds kind a depressing since I have complete confidence in this product. This type of response will help me make a decision the next time renewing my subscription comes up. Doesn't seem like to can depend on much of anything un software dependability these days.
    Tom...

Thread Information