Subject: XPSP2: April Windows Updates caused startup to slow down after login.
Startup is normal up to Login, then it takes 10 minutes or more for my desktop to appear.
The screen displays: Applying Computer Settings (5+ min) and Applying Personal Settings(another 5+ min).
This condition only started after Windows Updates:

Security Update for ActiveX Killbits for Windows XP (KB948881)

Security Update for Windows XP (KB941693)

Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 7 for Windows XP (KB947864)

Security Update for Windows XP (KB948590)

Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool - April 2008 (KB890830)

Security Update for Windows XP (KB945553)
After posting the above text on the Windows Update Forum, I got a tip to try uninstalling my security programs.
By process of elimination, I discovered that ZoneAlarm7.0.470.000 was the conflicting software.
I then tried using the ZAFree Web installer to make sure I was using the latest ZA revision, to no avail.
I found SlyFox's clean install procedure: ZA SUPER DUPER INSTRUCTIONS - Installation, Uninstall and Upgrade - ZoneAlarm User Forum.
I decided that I would try this and alsouninstall and reinstall the Windows updates.

First I made sure I had a clean system by running my AntiVirus and AntiSpyware programs.

Then I uninstalled the Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 7 for Windows XP (KB947864).

Next, I installed ZoneAlarm 7.0.473.000 in order to use their method of a clean uninstall.
While installing, it required a reboot to finish.
On reboot, after login, the

original problem, slow desktop initialization, resurfaced.
This would eliminate the Explorer 7 updates as the conflicting software.

I then uninstalled the remainder of the April Windows Updates and rebooted.
On reboot, the slow initialization problem went away.

Continuing with the clean uninstall instructions, I uninstalled ZoneAlarm and cleared all traces from the registry and hard drive.

After rebooting, I reinstalled the Windows Updates.

After the install reboot, I installed ZoneAlarm.
As before, it rebooted to finish install.
The problem came back.
Note:
I have two other identical workstations which updated normally.
There is one major difference between my workstation and the two:
I have Autodesk Data Management Serverinstalled which uses Microsoft Internet Information Services.
Maybe there is a conflict involving these programs, ZoneAlarm, and the Windows Updates. Any Ideas?

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
Software Version:7.0
Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)