Thread: Update notification

hayastan Guest

Default Update notification

Hello,
    For some reason my ZAP update notification doesnt working even when i click check for updates it says no new version is available.Can you please tell me whether if thee is an mailing list available to subscribe to and get update notifications?
    Best Regards,NS

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro

naivemelody Guest

Default Re: Update notification

Let's start, what versionof ZA Pro do you have? You can right click ZA tray icon &gt; click on &quot;About...&quot; &gt; press &quot;Copy to Clipboard&quot; &gt; OK &gt; on your reply post - right click - click &quot;paste&quot; and you will see something like...<hr>ZoneAlarm Anti-spyware version:7.0.462.000
    TrueVector version:7.0.462.000
    Driver version:7.0.462.000
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.189.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200805.3855<hr>Here is the ZA Pro release history &gt;
    click here &gt; http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...seHistory.html
    <hr>Answer to your question - no, there is no email update notification. You have two options: automatic or manual on your ZA 'Check for product updates' - you can also 'just check the ZA Pro release history' whenever you want - easy. If you have 7.0.473 = you have the latest version, easy.<hr>http://forums.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/...ssage.id=73645<hr>NaiveMelody NYC 5-13-08 - You're The First, The Last, My Everything - Barry White

hayastan Guest

Here is teh version info
    ZoneAlarm Pro version:7.0.473.000
    TrueVector version:7.0.473.000
    Driver version:7.0.473.000
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.189.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200803.3585

naivemelody Guest

You have the latest ZA Pro version - for XP - 7.0.473; but your anti-spyware definitions needs to be updated to...<hr>Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.189.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200805.3905
    &lt;&lt;&lt;
    <hr>Your ZA firewall product is up to date; just update your anti-spyware defintions. If there are any problems, please note any error messages and post a new message in Anti-spyware board.<hr>Open
    ZA &gt; left tab &gt; Anti-spyware &gt; Main &gt; Update Now.
    See Advanced Options. In ZA Program control - program &quot; ZoneAlarm Updating Client&quot; should be set with &gt; three green bars &gt; Access - two green checks ( the rest should be red X, but if you want you can give ' ? ' while you do a manual update - if you so choose. In 'Advanced Options' - there is automatic updates or manual - your choice)<hr>Here is some tips and issues to check for - click here &gt; http://forum.zonealarm.org/zonelabs/...ssage.id=25188
    -
    -
    don't use web accelerators(often used with dial-up)
    nor download managers - temporarily shut-off/ shut down.-

in your web browser - if it has security &gt;trusted zone/ site list and pop-up blocker settings adjust -
    add &quot;download.zonealarm.com&quot; to safe-site/whitelist

and of any pop-blockers software you may have.<hr>NaiveMelody NYC 5-19-08 - Easier - Young MC

Message Edited by NaiveMelody on 05-19-2008 11:29 PM

hayastan Guest

&quot;See Advanced Options. In ZA Program control - program &quot; ZoneAlarm Updating Client&quot; should be set with &gt; three green bars &gt; Access - two green checks ( the rest should be red X, but if you want you can give ' ? ' while you do a manual update - if you so choose. In 'Advanced Options' - there is automatic updates or manual - your choice)&quot;
    I have set ZA updating client to three green bars and checked access tabs.
    About reset.Can you please tell me what does it reset when i click it?Is ZAP still incompitable with KAV 7.x?

naivemelody Guest

Now that your using 473 - ZA Pro should be compatible with KAV. Some recommendations I have heard/ read
    - is to have KAV first installed and then ZA Pro - just a thought.
    <hr>You can easily reset your database = an easier way to reset to the 'pristine default' settings.The basic difference between reset settings and clean install is the following:
    - ZA database reset: In case of corrupted settings or incorrect settings these will most likely solve the problem. It will not however fix issues with corrupted files in ZA.- ZA clean install will resolve issue related to corrupted/damage files( you can think of 'reset of database' as an easier way to uninstall/ install without going thru the whole process of it )<hr>Try this:
    1.) Hold down the Ctrl and Shift keys together
    2.) Right click on the ZA icon near your clock
    3.) Choose 'Reset' from the box that comes up
    4.) Choose Yes on the Reset Settings dialog box
    5.) When prompted, choose OK to restart your system
    6.) Follow the on screen configuration prompts after reboot<hr>Question - have you updated ZA anti-spyware definitions to
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200805.3915 ?And made sure you have the latest compatible version of KAV ?<hr>

hayastan Guest

- ZA database reset: In case of corrupted settings or incorrect settings these will most likely solve the problem. It will not however fix issues with corrupted files in ZA.------------------------------------------------------------------------------Ok, but is there a way to save my current ZA settings and then perform clean install?

Question - have you updated ZA anti-spyware definitions to
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200805.3915 ?And made sure you have the latest compatible version of KAV ?Yes.Yes, thanks for asking.

naivemelody Guest

If you wish to keep your settings, create a Backup from Overview - &gt; Preferences before starting, and then Restore afterwards (available in ZoneAlarm Premium products only-all paid subscribers/versions).

Thread Information