Thread: zlcient.exe closed by force when shutting or logging off

infinity Guest

Default zlcient.exe closed by force when shutting or logging off

Hi
    I installed a fresh brand new windows XP (After integrating SP3 within the source files). Now, I noticed something weird with Zonealarm which I did not notice in my old XP SP2 installtion which is that whenever i shut off, restart or log off my PC, Windows closes zlcient.exe by force (because I see the dialog box which appears whenever u kill a program or a service) and then windows shuts off, resarts or log off very normally but as i said, I never experienced this silly behaviour on my old messy XP SP2 which I formatted and installed a fresh new XPSP3
    Any remedy for this situation ?

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro

Default Re: zlcient.exe closed by force when shutting or logging off

It is a security feature of the later versions of the ZA. It prevents malware from attacking the ZA gui (zlclient.exe).
    This was not used in the earlier or previous versions (somewhere in version 6.x this was feature was introduced)
    It maybe pesky for a few seconds, but that is the way it goes and windows continues the shutdown process.
    The ZA firewall driver shutsoff with the final completion of the windows shutdown.

Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

infinity Guest

Is it possible to turn this off? by a registry hack or something? Because I am an experienced user and I'm ABSOLUTELY sure that I do not have any kind of malware. If this is not possible, what is the last version which does not have this feature?? (coz I don't know why this phenomena annoys me and I do not want to see it AT ALL)

Thank you for your replies

There is a reg hack, but I can not tell on the forum.
    I will get in trouble.
    But it does exist.
    Just as easy to shutdown the ZA before closing down the PC - this should be okay if the PC has a hardware firewall in front (for incoming protection) and there never will be any malware (we probably are the same - have not had any malware or spyware for many years and probably will never get any either).

Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

Thread Information